- November 28: Volkswagen Emissions Scandal Far From Over news | 7 days ago
- November 26: VW Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 9 days ago
- November 24: VW Atlas Air Conditioning Drain Tubes May Become Blocked recalls | 11 days ago
- November 11: 2022 Volkswagen Tiguans Recalled For Brake Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- October 28: Volkswagen Recalls 30 Atlas, Atlas Cross Sport and Passat Vehicles recalls | 38 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 69Y7: Incorrect Driver Frontal Air Bag Installed
2019 Volkswagen Jetta
In the event of a crash necessitating air bag deployment, the wrong air bag may not work correctly, increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Volkswagen Group of America (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2019 Jetta vehicles. An incorrect driver frontal airbag may have been installed during a service/repair visit.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver frontal air bag with the correct part, free of charge. The recall began April 19, 2019. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69Y7.
- Documents (9)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: April 18, 2019 Repair Available – Safety Recall 69Y7 / Driver Frontal Airbag
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.