- October 28: VW Jetta Recall Issued For Fuel Leaks and Fires recalls | 28 days ago
- September 23: Volkswagen Recalls Passat Cars To Replace Airbags recalls | 63 days ago
- September 18: Duralast Master Cylinder Recall Issued For VW Vehicles recalls | 68 days ago
- September 2: VW Recalls Atlas Cross Sports For Headlight Problems recalls | 84 days ago
- September 2: Volkswagen Recalls Vehicles For Seat Backrest Frames recalls | 84 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 28G1/U8: Ignition Switch May Turn Off
2009 Volkswagen Routan
If the ignition key inadvertently moves into the OFF or ACCESSORY position, the engine will turn off, which will then depower various key safety systems including but not limited to air bags, power steering, and power braking. Loss of functionality of these systems may increase the risk of crash and/or increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Electrical System — Ignition
- This defect can affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2009 Routan vehicles. Road conditions or some other jarring event may cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position, turning off the engine.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will modify the ignition switch, free of charge. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1- 800-822-8987. An interim notice was mailed to owners on August 29, 2014. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 28G1/U8. Note: This campaign is an expansion of NHTSA Recall No. 11V-151.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.