- May 9: VW Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over 'Voltswagen' news | 2 days ago
- April 3: VW Atlas Fuel Leaks Investigated investigations | 38 days ago
- March 14: VW Atlas Tire Recall Issued For 2,900 SUVs recalls | 57 days ago
- February 19: Seat Bolt Recall Affects Volkswagen Jettas and Tiguans recalls | 80 days ago
Volkswagen TSB #V871401 2005566
2015 Volkswagen Touareg
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:APPLIANCE:AIR CONDITIONER
- Technical Bulletin (HVAC, Unpleasant Odor): Unpleasant odor is coming from Heating and Ventilation system. Odor mainly occurs after vehicle has been sitting (unused) at least 5 hours and within 20 to 60 seconds after vehicle is first started. Condensation is a normal characteristic in all A/C systems. If odor is noticeable continue to follow this document. Contaminants are effectively neutralized using the AIRCOMATIC? II Ultrasonic Climate System Cleaner (VAS 6189A) or AIRCOMATIC? III Ultrasonic Climate System Cleaner (VAS 6189B) and AIRCO-CLEAN? Ultrasonic HVAC Treatment (30208). All other cleaning methods are no longer permitted. This document discusses the "Fault Codes" necessary to diagnosis, and potential remedy of the issue. The fault codes for checking warranty coverage for servicing the vehicle are also available.
Click a tab for more information.