- March 19: VW Beetles and Beetle Convertibles Recalled For Software Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 8 days ago
- February 26: Volkswagen + Takata = Recall recalls | 25 days ago
- February 19: VW Recalls Atlas, Golf SportWagen and Jetta For Coil Springs recalls | 32 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 41 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 44M9: TPMS Incorrectly Calibrated/FMVSS 138
2016 Volkswagen Touareg
If the vehicle is driven on underinflated tires, the tires may fail suddenly, increasing the risk of a crash.
Tires — Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2016 Toureg vehicles manufactured July 7, 2015 to March 3, 2016. In the affected vehicles, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) may be improperly calibrated and, as a result, the TPMS may fail to warn the driver that the tire pressure is low. Additionally, the tire pressures printed on the Safety Certification labels are incorrect. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 138, "Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems."
- Volkswagen has notified owners, and dealers will correct the TPMS settings and replace the safety certification label, free of charge. The recall began on May 13, 2016. Volkwagen's number for this recall is 44M9.
- Documents (10)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Defect 573 Report
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
Click a tab for more information.