- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 1 days ago
- March 30: Ram 2500/3500 Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 20 days ago
- March 15: VW Recalls CC, Eos, Golf and Passat for Takata Airbags recalls | 35 days ago
- March 2: Volkswagen CC Suspension Problems Cause Tire Wear: Lawsuit news | 48 days ago
- February 22: VW Tiguan Limiteds Have Wrong Steering Wheels and Airbags recalls | 56 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 44M9: TPMS Incorrectly Calibrated/FMVSS 138
2016 Volkswagen Touareg
If the vehicle is driven on underinflated tires, the tires may fail suddenly, increasing the risk of a crash.
Tires — Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2016 Toureg vehicles manufactured July 7, 2015 to March 3, 2016. In the affected vehicles, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) may be improperly calibrated and, as a result, the TPMS may fail to warn the driver that the tire pressure is low. Additionally, the tire pressures printed on the Safety Certification labels are incorrect. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 138, "Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems."
- Volkswagen has notified owners, and dealers will correct the TPMS settings and replace the safety certification label, free of charge. The recall began on May 13, 2016. Volkwagen's number for this recall is 44M9.
- Documents (10)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Defect 573 Report
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
Click a tab for more information.