- April 10: Judge Dismisses Volvo 850 Lawsuit Over Anti-Intrusion Bar Doors news | 9 days ago
- April 1: Minnesota Senators File Bill to Ban Self-Driving Cars news | 18 days ago
- March 26: Uber Self-Driving Car Crash Video Earns Arizona Suspension news | 24 days ago
- March 22: Uber Self-Driving Car Crash Lawsuit to be Filed in Arizona news | 28 days ago
- March 19: Uber Self-Driving Car Kills Arizona Woman news | 31 days ago
Volvo Recall 194: Brake Master Cylinder
2007 Volvo V50
The capacity to brake will gradually deteriorate forcing the driver to use a higher than expected force on the brake pedal when compared to an intact brake system. The deterioration can eventually result in complete loss of the brake system functionality increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Master Cylinder
- Volvo is recalling 1,114 MY 2007 C30, C70, S40, and V50 passenger vehicles. A soft anodized layer in the master cylinder may trigger early wear on a rubber seal that can result in internal leakage of brake fluid. If affected, the driver may experience reduced brake performance when applying and maintaining force of the brake pedal.
- Dealers will inspect the master cylinder. The brake master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir will be replaced and certain brake lines cleaned free of charge. The recall began on March 11, 2008. Owners may contact Volvo at 1-800-458-1552.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.