- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 5 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 14 days ago
- November 26: Volvo Recalls Vehicles With Incorrect GPS Data recalls | 20 days ago
- November 1: Volvo Sunroof Lawsuit Deserves Class-Action Certification: Owners news | 45 days ago
Volvo Recall R196: Loose Rails Roof Cargo/Thule
2008 Volvo V50
When carrying roof cargo, the rails may come loose during heavy braking and/or sudden stops increasing the possibility of a crash.
Structure — Body — Roof And Pillars
- Volvo is recalling 7 MY 2008 V50 passenger vehicles equipped with roof rails. Bolts have been found to be out of specification. This has caused less tread length on the bolts which in turn has lead to insufficient clamping force in the joint due to the washer getting stuck when tightening the bolts.
- Due to the limited number of vehicles involved, owners have been notified and will have the roof rail bolts replaced free of charge. Owners may contact Volvo at 1-800-458-1552.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.