- December 12: Volvo Door Latch Recall Includes S60, S60I, V60, S60CC and V60CC recalls | 41 days ago
- November 24: Volvo Android Auto Lawsuit Says XC90 Owners Got Scammed news | 59 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 60 days ago
- November 19: Lack of Federal Safety Standards Contributed to Uber Crash news | 64 days ago
- November 9: Elaine Herzberg Death: Self-Driving Uber Ignored Jaywalking Pedestrian investigations | 74 days ago
Volvo Recall R89712: Seat Mounted Air Bag May Not Deploy/FMVSS 208/214
2017 Volvo XC60
If the air bag inflator initiator fails to ignite, the air bag will not deploy, increasing the risk of injury.
- Volvo Car USA LLC (Volvo) is recalling certain 2017 S60, S60CC, V60, V60 Cross Country, and XC60 vehicles. The affected vehicles have driver and front passenger seat side mounted side air bags (SAB) with inflator initiators that may fail to ignite during a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection" and number 214, "Side Impact Protection."
- Volvo will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the front seat side air bags, free of charge. The recall began March 31, 2017. Owners may contact Volvo customer service at 1-800-458-1552. Volvo's number for this recall is R89712. Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 16V-918.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.