- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 8 days ago
- November 26: Volvo Recalls Vehicles With Incorrect GPS Data recalls | 14 days ago
- November 1: Volvo Sunroof Lawsuit Deserves Class-Action Certification: Owners news | 39 days ago
Volvo Recall R231: 760 Portable Automotive Gps Units/Garmin
2004 Volvo XC90
An overheated battery could lead to a fire.
Equipment — Electrical — Navigational System(Global Positioning System)
- Volvo is recalling certain vehicles equipped with garmin 760 portable global positioning system (gps) units because the batteries on those units may overheat.
- Volvo advises owners to please stop using the garmin portable gps device immediately, and visit the garmin website to determine if their unit is affected. The unit's battery will be replaced with a new battery and a spacer will be inserted on top of the battery next to the pcb. This service will be performed free of charge. The safety recall began on November 18, 2010. Owners may contact garmin at 866-957-1981 or visit garmin's website at www.garmin.com/nuvibatterypcbrecall.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.