- October 22: Volvo V70 and XC70 Airbag Recall After Inflator Exploded recalls | 39 days ago
- October 5: Fatality Causes Volvo S60 and S80 Airbag Recall recalls | 56 days ago
- September 14: Volvo Recalls 22,000 Vehicles For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 77 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 83 days ago
Volvo Recall R231: 760 Portable Automotive Gps Units/Garmin
2004 Volvo XC90
An overheated battery could lead to a fire.
Equipment — Electrical — Navigational System(Global Positioning System)
- Volvo is recalling certain vehicles equipped with garmin 760 portable global positioning system (gps) units because the batteries on those units may overheat.
- Volvo advises owners to please stop using the garmin portable gps device immediately, and visit the garmin website to determine if their unit is affected. The unit's battery will be replaced with a new battery and a spacer will be inserted on top of the battery next to the pcb. This service will be performed free of charge. The safety recall began on November 18, 2010. Owners may contact garmin at 866-957-1981 or visit garmin's website at www.garmin.com/nuvibatterypcbrecall.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.