- October 22: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 6 days ago
- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 41 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 49 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 62 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 72 days ago
2012 Chevrolet Cruze
On the flip-side, there's more concerns about brake problems.
However, there were far more Cruze vehicles sold for the 2012 model year so we'll give it our "Beware of this Clunker" badge rather than the "Avoid Like the Plague."
Worst 2012 Cruze transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- sluggish performance11
- constantly downshifts4
- transmission leaking fluid3
- high pitch noise, chugging/clunking2
- not shifting2
- shifting roughly, clunking2
- transmission failure2
- transmisson fluid cooler hose faulty2
- rolls backwards on inclines while in drive1
- transmission housing unit leak1
- transmission noise at low speed1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.