- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 10 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 29 days ago
- July 24: GM Recalls Buick, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 34 days ago
- July 21: GM Recalls 308,000 Chevy Impalas in the U.S. and Canada recalls | 37 days ago
- July 18: Chevy Cruze Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Cars Are Illegal news | 40 days ago
2012 Chevrolet Cruze
On the flip-side, there's more concerns about brake problems.
However, there were far more Cruze vehicles sold for the 2012 model year so we'll give it our "Beware of this Clunker" badge rather than the "Avoid Like the Plague."
Worst 2012 Cruze transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- sluggish performance10
- constantly downshifts4
- transmission leaking fluid3
- high pitch noise, chugging/clunking2
- shifting roughly, clunking2
- transmission failure2
- not shifting1
- rolls backwards on inclines while in drive1
- transmission housing unit leak1
- transmission noise at low speed1
- transmisson fluid cooler hose faulty1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.