2005 Chrysler 300 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300:

2005 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

May 152005

My car stalls when turning left at low speeds. The first time it happened I had to pull over and restart it. Just minutes later I was approaching an intersection and turning left and the car stalled. I took it to the dealership and they advised that they couldn't find the problem and sent me away.

- Austin, TX, USA

Apr 092005

300 6-cyl

Dt; consumer bought a Chrysler 300 model year 2005. When driving forward at 5 miles per hour the car turns off, also when driving in reverse it turns off. Everything goes off even the lights. After placing the vehicle in park, it starts again but does not turn off. In a time lapse of 1 week it happened 3 times. Vehicle was taken to the dealer April 9, 2005 and it is still there. Dealer can't find the problem. Consumer was told to come and pick up the car. Consumer feels he/she is risking his/her life and is afraid to pick the vehicle up.

- North Portland, OR, USA

May 212005

300 8-cyl

2006 Chrysler 300C with 5.7 liter hemi engine, 1,500 miles on odometer. Stalls and will/or very difficult to re-start. Stalled while driving which nearly caused an accident. Car at dealer now in port huron, mi. Told by dealer that Chrysler does not have fix for "computer problem" and that computer will be pulled from vehicle and sent to Chrysler engineering for evaluation; not sure when car will be fixed. Definitely a safety concer. Stalls without warning with total loss of power, steering and brakes.

- Fort Gratiot, MI, USA

Jan 152005

300 6-cyl

The vehiclewas brought to freehold Chrysler for service for the engine light coming on, not shifting properly, hesitation, left and right side molding coming off, trunk latch broken and car pulling to the right. Freehold Chrysler stated they could not duplicate the problems and found no codes and the wheel alignment was done at a cost to me of $95, molding and trunk latch was replaced. We then brought the car back again for pulling to the right about 1 week later and again the told us it was fixed.the vehicle was not pulling as much but still was. About 2 weeks later the car was red lining, not shifting and stalling on her. We brought the car to eatontown Chrysler in which they found a transmission solenoid to be bad and replaced it. We then started to experience electrical problems such as rear window not working all the time and air bag light sometimes flashing on and off while driving and again hesitation when stating from stop. Also the moon roof interior shade opens to about an inch after driving to vehicle for about a week. We contacted freehold Chrysler about these problem and the previous wheel alignment and made an appointment for May 3, 2005. Now its May 8th and we have approx. 20,000 on the vehicle and we are being told the wheel alignment was completed based on a service bulletin and at no cost to us, even though we paid $95 originally, and the rest of the problems cannot be duplicated and there's nothing else they could do. I contacted the Chrysler Corp. Service center at 18009921997 and spoke to numerous people in reference to these problems and was told to take the car to another dealership and there's nothing else that they could do.

- Jackson, NJ, USA

Dec 172004

300 6-cyl

I purchased a new Chrysler 300 on 11/03/04 and experienced difficulty with the vehicles lights both interior and exterior. Called grogan dealership on 11/9/04 to issue the complaint. Was told to bring the vehicle in. The vehicle went into the shop at the dealership on 11/30/04 and was returned to me on 12/02/04 with an invoice stating there is no fix at this time. Made several complaints since then about the safety concern related to this vehicles lights flickering continuously. Then on 12/17/04 the vehicles lights went completely out causing an accident with an injury. The accident resulted in an injury and severe damage to the vehicle. This is a safety concern for individuals in the vehicle and any oncoming traffic. Chrysler was contacted and the dealership and neither are owning up to the safety concern. Neglect is unacceptable. I have young children and have been blessed that they were not in the vehicle at the time of the accident. Something needs to be done immediately before a fatality occurs from someone's neglect. As I can see from this website that several complaints have been issued regarding this problem. I am sure there are many more that just haven't surfaced. In addition, the vehicle is sitting at a towing lot and neither the dealership nor Chrysler have taken the initiative to have this vehicle towed and worked on for correction. Meanwhile, I am sitting without a vehicle. Anyone having this problem feel free to contact me, we need to have this corrected immediately.

- Sylvania, OH, USA