2005 Chrysler 300 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300:

2005 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jul 272016

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 174,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 102016

300

Low oil levels, oil light and check engine light always on. Kept taking the car in to have it checked, we were told nothing was wrong, just keep adding oil. That made no sense as there had to be a reason for this. Was finally diagnosed as oil sludge and engine was destroyed and needed to be replaced. Also, because it caused the lights to be on for so long, I now need to have the computer replaced that controls the sensors for those.

- Brea, CA, USA

Feb 052016

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that after the ignition key was turned to the on position, the vehicle hesitated to start without warning. In addition, the vehicle stalled intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic to be diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Apr 112016

300

Takata recall- my electric throttle control shut my engine down while on the express way in heavy traffic the gas pedal would no longer accelerate the car. I had to try to get over and put my hazardz on. I couldve died and it was night time. This part should be recalled.

- Ecorse, MI, USA

Mar 292016

• 1,382,000 miles
Interior of car filled with smoke from instrument panel, we unhooked battery and it stopped but nothing on instrument panel works. We were driving car when it happened

- Hampton, GA, USA

Jan 312016

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving approximately 60 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact had to maneuver to the side of the road. After few minutes, the vehicle restarted normally. The vehicle was driven home. The contact also received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 156,000.

- Ashville, NC, USA

Jul 062015

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (electrical system, equipment) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lynwood, CA, USA

Nov 112015

300

My 2005 Chrysler 300 milage 103,269 is having problems decelerating while driving down the road in the middle of traffic. It's been to the Chrysler dealership 3 times now and they said nothing is wrong. When this problem occurs it won't go over 200rpms. I let it set and the next day it'll be fine again until I drive it for a bit. The lighting bolt looking light stsys on. They replaced the throttle body, power control module, module power train control and T/body. $1800 later and the complaining to 3000+ customers at my work I wish I would of never purchased a Chrysler. They are the worst people to deal with. After driving by the dealership on my way to work for two weeks and looking at my car sit I was furious. $750 for a rental for three weeks (a month ago) and now still no car! I've been stuck waiting for a ride, missed work and missed ball games for my kids over this problem. I'm just thankful I've managed to not get into a wreck over this since I've read others have. That's the only thing as a Chrysler owner I'm happy about. Thanks to god!

- Portsmouth, OH, USA

Nov 262015

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving at approximately 60 mph, the headlights failed without warning. While driving, the lights flickered or completly failed. The failure continued to recur intermittently. The contact notified the dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 95,729.

- Defiance, OH, USA

Nov 082015

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving at 15 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart after several attempts the power resumed once the vehicle came to a complete stop. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Garland, TX, USA

Oct 242015

300

Car will just stop running while driving. Lights on dash will all light up then car just cuts. Have taken to 3 mechanics with no wnswer. Have replaced batteryx2 transmission and starter. This happened as I was driving on highway with children in the car

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Jan 122005

300

When I turn on the headlights, the headlights and interior lights flash in intensity, and brightness. The result of this hazard is that it distracts the driver of my car, and any driver on the road who come into view of the Chrysler 300. This condition is amplified by switching head lights from low to high beam. The Chrysler corporation has been aware of this problem since january12, 2005. This is a serious hazard and affects the safe operation of this vehicle. Why hasn't there been a recall to give relief and safety in this matter"??????????????????????????????????????"

- Pleasantville, OH, USA

Dec 082014

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled and there was a burning odor coming from the vehicle. In addition, the ABS and the electronic throttle control warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the PCM and the win module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 22,000.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Aug 062015

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the malfunction warning indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. While driving approximately 65 mph with the cruise control activated, the cruise control independently deactivated. The contact had to maneuver to the side of the road and the vehicle stalled. The malfunction warning indicator was no longer illuminated. The vehicle restarted after a few minutes and resumed normal operation. The vehicle was driven to the dealer and they could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact stated that the failure occurred three other times. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 125,000.

- Crowley, LA, USA

May 052005

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the rear driver side window did not open or close without warning. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 200.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jul 072015

300

I attempted to start my car and it made a sound and would not turn over. I had my husband check to see if the battery was dead and he informed me the battery was fine. We attempted to start it again and you could tell how it wanted to start but would not turn over. Once I turned the key off I noticed a red light with a lightning bolt in the middle of backwards parentheses. )Z( kind of like this! I noticed a lot of people are complaining of this same situation, I'm just glad mine was parked in our drive way and not on the middle of a street!

- Strasburg, VA, USA

Dec 212014

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle would not start without warning. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that an unknown sensor was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred on several occasions. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000. Updated 7/28/15

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Feb 052015

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V770000 (electrical system) in February of 2015. After contacting the dealer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available. No estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Feb 172014

300 6-cyl

While driving automobile, noticed headlamps & dash lights dimming and shutting off. Turned headlight switch off and on several times, which resulted in the headlamps turning back on. The problem seems to be occurring more frequently.

- Everett, WA, USA

Oct 162014

300 6-cyl

After getting fuel came out of gas station turned right about 100 feet came to a stop engine idled rough then died out. Re started and kept dying out for next 2 to 3 miles. Check engine light went on. Had it diagnosed O2 sensor was replaced 3 miles later and more dying out check eng light is on again. I am out $300 dls. And still have same problem and cannot pass emission test. And cannot get my plates.

- Justice, IL, USA