2005 Chrysler 300 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300:

2005 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Nov 192014

My car as continually given me problems with flickering headlights. I contacted my local dealer and had them to check it out and found nothing, but the problem still exist. No mechanic can find the problem, but it still exist. I have been to a few Chrysler forums and see other owners are experiencing the same problem. This has been a real frightening experience me and my family.

- Watauga , TX, USA

Sep 282014

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the esp and bac light illuminated on the instrument panel. In addition, the contact mentioned that the turn lights, side mirrors and all power windows failed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 119,372. Re-mailed 11/25/14 updated 1/28/15 the consumer stated the following components failed: Horn, ac compressor, ac fan, radiator fan, radio, wipers, speedometer, air bag indicator and battery. Updated 02/18/15

- Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 022014

300 6-cyl

Turn the car on and idles for a few minutes and then air bag light comes on and then all dash warning lights start to come on and off speedometer stops working signal lights stop working, key fob wont work sometimes car shuts off after I start it, headlights come on and off battery drains if I leave it connected I have read alot of threads that this is a problem with alot of Chrysler even 2011 models.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Oct 142014

300 6-cyl

The headlight switch is faulty. The headlights begin to flash and will not stay on. This is extremely dangerous!

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Jul 162013

300 8-cyl

In July, I was stopped at a stop sign. My car went dead - engine stopped, lights, radio went off. I put it in park and restarted. Next occurrence was about a month later at a stop sign again. Last occurrence was September 22, 2014 - this time the car felt like it was decelerating on the interstate at approx. 60 mph - the malfunction light flashed and the esp bas light came on. After I got off the highway, the car completely shut off at a stop sign. I put it in park and restarted. My mechanic has installed a program update B/C he couldn't identify the problem. I do know I filled up my car the Friday prior to the last occurrence and did not drive it until the Monday am when this last incident occurred.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Sep 102014

300 6-cyl

Stopped at stop sign all lights on inst panel came on for about 10 sec then they all went off except esp light. Tachometer went to 0 and ac went off. 10 seconds later all recovered, but soon all back to normal, then events started again. Kept this up for about 5 minutes until I reached my destination and after turning car off staying for 1 1/2 hour started car and all was normal. This has happened several times prior and local Chrysler has said hard to diagnose and would be very long as it clears it self keep driving it. Probably loose connection or small short in circuit board.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Feb 132014

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 touring, my first major problem occurred about 6 months ago, a red lightening bolt symbol on the dash came on, and my car would not go over 10mph, took to the Chrysler dealership, for them to say I needed a new PCM, which by the way was roughly $1500. Had that replaced, car drove just fine for the next couple months, all the sudden it does it again, that same red symbol and esp bas symbol, back to the dealership, to say now it could be a throttle body, had that replaced roughly $500, picked my car up the day it was finished, didn't make it out of the parking lot, same haunting symbols came back on, oh yes, not to mention like 2 months ago, my car gear was stuck in park, thank goodness a lever fixed that problem, about $125. So yes, I'm going crazy, I don't know what to do about this red lightening bolt symbol and esp bas, honestly I think these Chrysler's need a major recall, something just isn't right. These are some of the most common problems with the Chrysler's 300 from what I've read. I have yet to still to find out what the problem is. I just can't why understand why the dealership that specializes in these specific cars, have no idea what the problem is, even after numerous diagnostic checks.

- Warren, OH, USA

Apr 102008

300 6-cyl

The vehicle will frequently shut off while driving. It will completely lose power. It also stalls, the gear shift has gotten stuck in park and would not move. The main concern is the fact that it cut off on me on the highway again today at 75mph!! very dangerous!! luckily the semi truck was able to swerve around me but that could have been a fatal accident! something needs to be done about this....

- Hinesville, GA, USA

Jul 192014

• 1,000,000 miles
Car stuck in park.

- Sandwich, IL, USA

Jun 272014

300 6-cyl

This car has issues from the transmission to electrical the company needs to recall and fix them better.

- Columbus, GA, USA

May 012014

300 8-cyl

My daughter (12yrs.) and I were on the freeway/car pool lane (double yellow lines) and the car stalled/turned off completely. I tried not to panic but I daughter did when the lights, engine and not to mention the steering wheel was very hard to turn. At this time I had to cross over the double yellow line and cut off a few cars who all most rear ended me, all cars honked at me and my little one was freaking out. It took 24 minutes to get off the freeway because it kept stalling and wouldn't continue to stay on. This is a very un safe situation, I pray no one gets hurt from this. Car continued to stall and turn off and at this time it's just sitting because of funds and just fed up with this car.... not mention my parking lock mechanism broke last month and my engine blown due timings chain stretching. Had to rebuild the whole engine that cost me $5,000, so you know at this time I will never purchase a Chrysler ever again. I new I should have stayed with Chevrolet! !!!!!!

- Orange, CA, USA

Aug 022013

Once getting off the interstate and turning onto a frontage road, driving 35 mph my car lost power and stalled. I pulled onto the side of the road, turned my car off, and it turned back on. However, this problem has been occurring off and on since August 2013 (7-8xs). It most commonly stalls after filling up with gas. The steering wheel will often times become locked when trying to make a turn when the car stalls. The esp/bas light, check engine light, and a red light with a lightening bolt with vertical lines on each side of it (symbol not in Chrysler manual) all turn on when the car stalls. The car stalls 3-4xs before making it to the destination. I have brought my car in to an automotive repair shop 3xs and leave without any explanation of the current problem.

- Dickinson , ND, USA

Jun 152013

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving 5 mph, the headlights and panel lights failed to illuminate. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 87,000..... updated 10-17-13 updated 10/29/2013

- Highpoint, NC, USA

Mar 192013

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that a fire erupted from the passenger's side seat. The contact called the fire department to extinguish the fire. The fire department stated that the fire was started by an electrical component. There were no injuries. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified about the fire. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Camden, NJ, USA

Jan 012012

300 6-cyl

While driving my 300, all the dash board lights will come on and the gauges will go all the way up, then back down. Almost as if I were just starting the vehicle. All will go back to normal quickly and my car never looses power. This may happen 10-15 times in 5 minutes. Now, the headlights will come on by themselves and go off several times. I can't drive my vehicle at night as I don't want the lights to go out on me. I feel sorry for the people in front of me as my car keeps turning the lights on and off. This is a serious safety issue. I have already read about several of the same problems and Chrysler isn't worried about their customers safety or looking into this issue. This should have been a recall as many complaints and issues there are out there. I would like to see Chrysler step up and take some responsibility for their product. After talking to the service manager at the dealership, he said that it could be the power distribution in the truck. It is a very expensive part to replace for a could be problem. It can't been tested as the problem happens so fast, they wouldn't be able to hook it up to the machine to read the problem. Having 4 daimler Chrysler vehicles, I would like to think that they would take care of their long time customers and look into the issue. This is a major safety issue and I would like to see a recall.

- Wentzville, MO, USA

Aug 232012

I was driving with the A/C on and it just completely shut down. The air conditioning does not work at all now, wont light up or anything. Since this has happened, the air light has been on as well.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

May 052011

300 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While the vehicle was parked the contact attempted to place the gear shift into drive but it was stuck in park and would not move. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 05V460000 (power train:automatic transmission) that may be related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. The contact also stated while driving approximately 30 mph the vehicle suddenly stalled. While driving at higher speeds the vehicle would lunge forward. NHTSA campaign id number: 04V334000 (electrical system:battery:cables) may also be related to the recent failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000. Updated 07/20/11 the consumer stated the problem was the fuel tank. The vehicle was repaired with the gear stuck in park. Updated 09/16/11

- Vernon, TX, USA

Jun 012011

My car is a 2005 Chrysler 300 with 72000 miles I've read several complaints on your site even with one burning the electrical harness is defective and the box in the trunk net to the battery is what started smoking it started with my key less entry I contacted Dodge they gave me a case number 20919841 the repair will be 3700 with them willing to pay part this is very dangerous I'm 62 and don't have that kind of money I really think it should be a recall from all I've read on your site how many complaints

- Yorkville, IL, USA

Sep 012010

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving approximately 25 mph the headlight warning light started to flash on and off. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the light switch was replaced. The failure continued and was taken back to the dealer a second time and the ignition switch was replaced. The failure occurred a third time and the clock spring was replaced and the codes were reset. The failure continued to occur and was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Kentwood, MI, USA

Dec 282010

The contact owns 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled. She stated that she suspected that the vehicle was experiencing electrical problems. The vehicle was towed to the dealer but the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 133,000.

- Springfield , OH, USA