- December 1: Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Lawsuit Filed news | 4 days ago
- November 21: Remington Walden Crash: Chrysler Will Pay $40 Million news | 14 days ago
- November 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Durangos recalls | 16 days ago
- November 18: Dodge Dart Recalled to Fix Windshield Wiper Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- November 16: Lawsuit: Dodge Ram Trucks Emit Illegal Emissions news | 19 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 125,856 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 19 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- replace engine carriage (4 reports)
- replace frame (4 reports)
- replace subframe or spray with chemical (3 reports)
- repair subframe (2 reports)
- replace k member (1 reports)
body / paint problem