- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Wranglers After Airbags Fail During Test recalls | 5 days ago
- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Vehicles With Alternators That May Cause Fires recalls | 5 days ago
- October 14: NHTSA Says ARC Automotive Ignores Airbag Safety Deadlines news | 10 days ago
- October 6: Recalled: Jeep Grand Cherokee and Fiat 500 recalls | 18 days ago
- September 30: Jeep Grand Cherokee Automatic Braking Investigation Closed investigations | 24 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 120,369 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 17 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine carriage (4 reports)
- replace frame (4 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace subframe or spray with chemical (3 reports)
- repair subframe (1 reports)
- replace k member (1 reports)
body / paint problem