CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

1. replaced with used rims/wheels (1 reports)
2004 Chrysler Pacifica wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica:

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Oct 172013

Pacifica

After 2.5 months of dealing w/ my tires slowly losing air & making trip to air pump, it was time for car inspection & tire rotation. The mechanic, who I totally trust & have used for over 30+ years, found the reason why ~ all 4 original chrome wheels were corroding badly with significant cracks. One so bad, he was worried I would be driving & it would crack all the way through, causing a blow out. The cracks/corrosion were wearing or rubbing on the rubber causing them to lose air.

To 'fix' the problem required a) buying new @ an exorbitant price, b) try to find reconditioned wheels (not available w/ no likelihood in near future or c) buy from a junkyard four matching wheels, just not fancy chrome or same number of spokes that came w/ the car.

I went w/ option c ~ at a cost of $560, plus the labor.

What I didn't also say~ my mechanic is also my Uncle, and when he says he worries that I'll crash because of a blow out could happen @ any time, I do not ignore the advice!!!!

- , Liberty, NY, USA