CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

9.0

1. new battery ground wire (1 reports)
2004 Chrysler Pacifica wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica:

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Sep 102004

Pacifica SW 3.5L

It would tell me I had a tire with low pressure on the freeway. Then, it would tell me I had 2 tires with low pressure. By the time I got to an exit to check, it was back to 1 tire low pressure. How can that happen? Then when I went to get air, it doesn't tell me which tire, so of course, it was the last one I guessed when the air hose turned off.

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Oct 012013

Pacifica AWD 3.5L V6

Engine light and low tire light on all the time. Power windows fail. Locks go on and off when driving. Automatic door locks fail intermittently when operated w/key. Dealers and auto mechanics are stymied. Dealers want to pass the buck. I LIKE THE CAR. Would like to get it fixed. No on has an answer. Car currently has a 100,000. Bought new. Power window problem is frustrating. I feel that the problem is electrical. Also beginning to shift rough.

- , Lewes, DE, USA