CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

2005 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Pacifica:

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Jul 032009

Pacifica 6-cyl

In July 2009, during the vehicle safety inspection, the first signs that the engine cradle was rusted and even perforated in some places were reported. Now, it is getting worse and worse, vibrations can be felt when driving and great concerns are made on this vehicle safety. Updated 12/08/14

- France, DC, USA

Oct 232014

Pacifica 6-cyl

Upon taking car in for routine nys inspection was informed of severe engine cradle rot. Estimated repair $4000. Car has less than 114K miles and is only 9 years old. I cant afford to repair and even though I have opened a case with Chrysler they are not willing to help me. Chrysler admits issue when they offered extension of warranty on 2004 and 2005 models but refuses to issue a recall or fix the problem at their cost. Owners are stuck with a costly repair option. Chrysler should be addressing this safety issue.

- Saugerties, NY, USA

Oct 232014

Pacifica

Engine cradle/frame assembly is severley rusted. This was detected by conrad's located in green, Ohio 10/23/14 when servicing the vehicle. It is verified by duanne's automotive center, North canton, Ohio 10/25/14. Chrysler never sent me a recall notification for the rust condition. It was a recall item. It is very dangerous. It is costing me in excess of $1200 (parts and labor to install used cradle assembly - new is not available for purchase) to replace.

- Akron, OH, USA

Oct 172014

Pacifica 6-cyl

After getting a routine oil change the dealership told me that my engine cradle (subframe) had a hole in it about the size of a grapefruit. It was rusted through. The engine could fall out. Contacted Chrysler and they will not fix the problem. The car drives terribly. This is extremely dangerous and should be recalled.

- Sussex, WI, USA

Oct 172014

Pacifica 6-cyl

While having my oil changed my mechanic called me over to show me the rusted engine cradle. I have researched and have found this to be a problem with many Chrysler Pacifica 2004-2005. I contacted Chrysler and was told there was a recall but only for vehicles built from Feb 2004-March 2004. If so many people are having this problem then why is it such a small time frame" the same issues still apply to the vehicles manufactured outside that small window. Is the safety of the consumers whose vehicles were manufactured during that month time frame more important than the hundreds of people who have evidence of the same rusting of the engine cradle" when I purchased this car, I did so for safety and quality and now feel like both are lacking.

- Delaware, OH, USA

Oct 082014

Pacifica 6-cyl

I purchased this vehicle not to long ago. Then when having my brakes done, my mechanic pointed out the huge rust holes in the engine frame of my car. He said it wasn't safe to drive the vehicle because the engine might fall out. I contacted Chrysler but the said there was no recalls on the vehicle.

- Buffalo , NY, USA

Oct 072014

Pacifica 6-cyl

Was told by my mechanic that the car would not pass inspection as the front sub-frame that holds up the engine has major corrosion and is a safety concern. Checking the internet confirms that my cars condition is not unique. Chrysler does have a recall out for this model and this condition but it is only for vehicles in a six week manufacturing window and my vehicle does not qualify. It should. Cost of repair I was told by the dealer is $4,100 plus. Part alone is $3,870. This needs to be investigated by your organization please. This sounds like the Toyota Tundra pick-up frame issue. Same problem.

- Athol, MA, USA

Oct 022014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while servicing the vehicle, the dealer discovered that the cradle on the passenger side was completely rusted. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 107,000.

- Oak Park , MI, USA

May 212013

Pacifica

Took car to be inspected and was told the engine cradle was rusting out and the car would not pass inspection. Dealer quoted me $2,000 to replace; got second opinion and paid $1,700 to have the cradle replaced. Just discovered this website (09/2014), otherwise would have filed this complaint earlier. Seeing the number of complaints on this same issue on this website makes me feel Chrysler should reimburse me for the money I spent to have this repair done.

- Glenshaw, PA, USA

Sep 272014

Pacifica 6-cyl

Car failed inspection because of rusted out engine cradle (undemember),

- Moon Twp, PA, USA

Sep 232014

Pacifica 6-cyl

9/23/14 took my Pacifica to shop to have ac fixed once on the lift they informed me that the subframe was rusted out and my car was unsafe to drive. So scared to drive vehicle, I was informed that it would cost 3000. To 5000 to fix. I don't have that kind of money being retired. Chrysler informed me that my car was not built between Feb. And March 2004 so they wont cover it. How ridiculous is this that they don't stand behind there products. Are they waiting for someone to die from this error.

- Poolesville, MD, USA

Sep 112014

Pacifica

The cradle that holds the engine is rusting away.

- Glenshaw, PA, USA

Sep 102014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while the vehicle being serviced, the technician informed the contact that the engine cradle was severely rusted. The technician stated that the cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 128,600.

- Norwich, CT, USA

Sep 012014

Pacifica 6-cyl

The sub frame under the drive train has rusted out to the point that it has little or no structural strength, this has essentially rendered the car inoperative and unsafe to operate. The car has barely 100,000 miles.

- Springfield, MI, USA

Sep 022014

Pacifica 6-cyl

I took my car in today for an oil change and was told that the engine cradle was severely rusted and unsafe to drive. The repair would cost $2700. I called Chrysler customer service for assistance however my car was built August 18, 2004 and not during the time of the extended warranty was issued for cars built Feb 23 - Mar 31, 2004. I have the same issue as the cars built earlier in the year, however, I am out $2700. Why isn't this extended to other Pacifica's built in 2004 with the same problem?

- Atlanta, MI, USA

Aug 302014

Pacifica

Engine cradle rusted through. Still holding engine however, hearing a popping noise when placed in gear. Mechanic stated vehicle not safe to drive. Have owned since 2005 and now not able to drive it.

- Saint Charles, MO, USA

Feb 042013

Pacifica

My 2005 Chrysler Pacifica is unsafe to drive due to the front sub-frame/engine cradle completely rusted through. This problem seems to be happening to several Pacifica owners all over. This is truley a faulty device which Chrysler should recall on and fix or cover the cost to fix this problem.

- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA

Jul 292014

Pacifica

I recently took my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica in to have the air conditioning system repaired and the mechanic called and told me that the engine cradle was rusted out and the car was not safe to drive. I did a quick google search and discovered that this is a known problem with Pacifica's. according to the information that I found, Chrysler originally distributed a letter indicating that it would cover 2004 and 2005 models only to send out a later letter drastically reducing the number of cars that would be covered on the extended warranty. It's apparent that this is a widespread issue. In 1998 Ford recalled 2.6 million vehicles for a similar issue. Chrysler should follow suit and do the same thing.

- Central City, PA, USA

Aug 012014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while servicing the vehicle, the mechanic discovered that the engine cradle was severely corroded and fractured. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Kalamazoo , MI, USA

Jul 312014

Pacifica 6-cyl

I just received a call from my Chrysler dealer telling me my engine cradle has rotted out and there was a recall on this but my vehicle is not included in the build dates covered by the recall. In exploring for more information on the web I have found this is a known safety problem with these vehicles and people are basically driving around in time bombs. Can you help me here and get Chrysler to own up to this problem? the cost to me out-of-pocket will be $4500.

- Stafford Springs, CT, USA