2006 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 062014

Pacifica 6-cyl

During routine oil change, significant rust-through was discovered on engine cradle. This car has been garaged all its life and only has 51,000 miles. I see through investigation that this problem has been occurring since 2004 and there seems to be no help from Chrysler for the 2006 model year. Well my days of being a "Chrysler and Dodge man" are over!

- North Canton, OH, USA

May 182014

Pacifica 6-cyl

While changing the oil and filter on our 2006 Pacifica (purchased new), I noticed the start of rust-through on the engine cradle/subframe. This is a design flaw because the subframe rusted primarily from the inside. Due to visible rust, every two years I have wire brushed the accessible parts of the subframe and applied an automotive undercoater. I plan to contact Chrysler about this but would appreciate knowing if they have made any accommodation to other 2006 Pacifica owners for this problem.

- Quincy, MA, USA

Apr 262014

Pacifica 6-cyl

During a routine oil change, a mechanic informed me that there was severe rust (50%) to the support system holding up the engine on the passengers side. The car only has 84,000 miles. He said that it is a very dangerous situation, that, if not repaired, would eventually break way and the engine would drop out of the support system. When I contacted Chrysler care, the intake operator basically read from a script and stated that my vehicle wasn't covered in the recall, even though the same part was affected, and that there was nothing that they could do to assist me. After doing some research online, I found over 700 other complaints about the same issue. This is the third Chrysler that I have owned (and my second Pacifica) with 100% satisfaction until this point. Unless Chrysler deals with this issue to my satisfaction and my safety is they first concern, I will never own another Chrysler product again. I have taken pictures of the part in question and intend to pursue this issue until it is fixed!

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jul 252013

Pacifica 6-cyl

During a routine inspection of our vehicle the mechanic stated vehicle was in perfect condition except that the subframe (engine cradle) had a one foot section that was completely rusted through. He also stated that since the vehicle had only 76000 miles on it that this should not be occurring. Other mechanics in that shop concurred. Chrysler had, in the previous two model years (04 & 05), extended the warranties to 10 years/150,000 miles (Chrysler document 0004817/#45543/X26) accepting responsibility for a faulty product and covering the expenses incurred by consumer making their vehicles roadworthy and safe. This is truly a safety issue that has not been resolved by the manufacturer as this component supports the engine and front suspension/steering assemblies. Calls to Chrysler have not been productive. I do not understand their reluctance to address a safety issue that they have addressed in the past. Problem has not changed just the model year. Hopefully the NHTSA can initiate a safety recall to address this. There are similar complaints concerning this on this site. Does there have to be a serious accident before something is done?

- Indiana, PA, USA

May 232013

Pacifica 6-cyl

During a routine inspection and oil change an automotive technician identified that the engine cradle (aka sub-frame) was severely corroded. The vehicle was examined by two other auto technicians and both confirmed that the engine cradle is corroded and that the vehicle is unsafe to operate. The vehicle is considered a safety hazard to both its passengers and other vehicles operating in the vicinity. The vehicle is considered to have zero resale value unless this is repaired. Parts for this vehicle have been ordered and repair is schedule to occur within 10 days. Estimated cost for repair is $4,000. A review of the NHTSA database for this model year vehicle indicates 6 complaints of an identical nature filed within the last 12 months. Similar searches of other websites confirm that this is an evolving problem. Pacifica models years 2004 and 2005 have well documented issues relative to corroded engine cradles and both model years have been recalled as a result. It is highly probable that the frequency of reported corroded engine cradles will increase as these vehicles age. A serious accident or injury may be the outcome in situations where this problem remains unchecked. This issue warrants additional investigation as it is becoming apparent that the problem encountered in the 2004 and 2005 models years is also surfacing in the 2006 model year.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 162008

I bought a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. It has been in the shop 3 times now since I go it a year ago. The first two times were for the same thing. It was a rod and lifters. This last time, I was driving down the highway and all of the sudden my wheels turned to the side and then my car skidded to a stop as my tires turned sideways.! I could have been killed as my car was not controllable and almost flipped over. I was told by the tow truck driver that the rocker arm broke causing the drive shaft to fall then the axel broke. The tow truck driver as well as the mechanic at the dealership said that this should not have happened.

- Allen, TX, USA