2006 Chrysler Pacifica engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Aug 042014

Car has rotten sub frame that cradles engine suspension! in looking at Chrysler complaints this appears to be prevalent in all the sub frames. My mechanic has welded in metal in place of rot. This sub frame is responsible for suspension of the front end and cradles engine mounts. There is no way a car design should allow for failure of such a critical job after 89000 miles and 8 years. These cars need to be recalled and or removed from the road before there are unnecessary deaths.

- Sanbornton, NH, USA

Jun 282014

Motor mounts replaced, tie rods replaced, control arms replaced all done in the last month !! why doesn't Chrysler have a recall out on this issues since it's known for it! oh did I mention the gas pedal gets stuck all the time! other thing is my check engine light keeps coming on and's been diagnosed as the fuel pump....really at this point I'm tired of putting money into the car.

- Wappinger Falls, NC, USA

Jul 182014

Pacifica 6-cyl

I took my 2006 Pacifica in to a dealer on 7/18/2014 to have a noise coming from the front end inspected. The dealer told me that the tie rod bushings had failed for a second time in about a year. Then he told me that part of the problem was that the sub frame was rusting and cracking to the point that the engine and transmission could fall out. I found out that Chrysler had a recall for 2004 and 2005 Pacificas with the same issue but would not cover it for any other years. The fact that they know they had a problem coupled with the number of issues that I have seen online, I don't understand why they wouldn't cover this failure on all model years. Why hasn't this been recalled? this will be the last Chrysler that I will ever buy.

- Sheboygan, WI, USA

Sep 072013

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled and would not start. The failure was recurring. The battery was replaced over six times but to no avail. The dealer was not able to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer, who diagnosed and replaced the computer and the engine. Additionally, the contact stated that the air bag sensor, ABS brake sensor and the service engine sensor illuminated after the vehicle was repaired. The contact had experienced multiple electrical failures and the air bag warning light was illuminated. The dealer was not able to replicate or diagnose the failure. The dealer advised the contact to remove all keys from the key ring except for the fob and keys. The dealer also replaced the ignition switch. The air bag sensor continued to illuminate and the local authorized dealer was notified several times of the failure, who advised the contact that the air bags would not deploy in the event of a crash. The vehicle was not repaired for the air bag sensor. The manufacturer was notified of failure. The approximate failure mileage was 43,000.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jun 182014

My 2006 Pacifica was just found to have significant engine cradle rust/corrosion issues. This problem just surfaced in the last 12 months. It is clear that Chrysler is not appropriately handling the issue since they are not covering the repair and there appears to be numerous complaints addressing this same problem.

- Jeannette, PA, USA

Jun 122014

Pacifica 6-cyl

The contact owns 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the front engine cradle was rusted and needed to be replaced. The contact had not notified the manufacturer of the problem. The approximate mileage at time of failure was 97,000. Updated 8/22/14

- Clinton Township, MI, USA

Jun 092014

Pacifica 6-cyl

We have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica that we purchased used in 2008. The car stalls when turning like the 2004-2005 models that had a recall F44. We contacted Chrysler customer care at 800 992 1997and found out that the previous owner had taken the car in for repair during the initial recall. Chrysler customer care told us to take the car back to Chrysler because it is covered under the safety recall warranty for 10 years. When we took the car in we learned that the engine cradle is corroding another recall X26. The dealer told us it would cost a couple of thousand dollars to repair. Additionally, we were told that we need two new fuel pumps and that this is not covered by the F44 recall because our 2006 car is outside of the 2004 - 2005 model year recall to replace the fuel pumps. We paid the dealer the cost of the service charge $103 for the information and were told we might consider buying a new car. I am surprised/frustrated and angry that Chrysler is not taking any accountability for both very dangerous safety issues and in essence made $103 profit off of their negligence to create a safe car.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 062014

Pacifica 6-cyl

During routine oil change, significant rust-through was discovered on engine cradle. This car has been garaged all its life and only has 51,000 miles. I see through investigation that this problem has been occurring since 2004 and there seems to be no help from Chrysler for the 2006 model year. Well my days of being a "Chrysler and Dodge man" are over!

- North Canton, OH, USA

May 012014

Pacifica 6-cyl

Rust issue on front engine cradle I am from South charleston, wv resident and recently discovered through my dealers mechanic that I had a badly corroded engine cradle. We bought the car used and it just turned 100K miles. Dealer denied the recall, there is a small window of vehicles manufactured between Feb.23, 2004 and March 31,2004, a pretty small window. A couple of calls to Chrysler customer assistance has fallen on deaf ears. The dealer and Chrysler are not budging. It is not the money, it is the principle of a design problem that Chrysler is not fully standing behind. For reference, the Chrysler warranty bulletin is no:D-10-34 dated March 16, 2012. Subject is listed as (X26) front engine cradle extended warranty 2004-2005 Chrysler Pacifica's. we have a 2006 and have the same issue and Chrysler needs to recall all of the models affected! I have 3 children and a wife and we depend on this vehicle. Only had it one year and couldn't get it pass the 1st inspection due to the rusted out cracked engine cradle. Mechanic states it is not safe to drive!!!! I cannot get any explanation as to quite why that is from Chrysler despite numerous contacts with the customer care people from Chrysler and/or dealership. Apparently my best hope is that if I pay for the repair myself I might get a refund later if Chrysler decides to expand the group of covered vehicles. Help us please thank you

- South Charleston, WV, USA

Mar 062014

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the technician diagnosed that the PCM and fuel pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 150,000 and the current mileage was 151,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 262014

Pacifica 6-cyl

During a routine oil change, a mechanic informed me that there was severe rust (50%) to the support system holding up the engine on the passengers side. The car only has 84,000 miles. He said that it is a very dangerous situation, that, if not repaired, would eventually break way and the engine would drop out of the support system. When I contacted Chrysler care, the intake operator basically read from a script and stated that my vehicle wasn't covered in the recall, even though the same part was affected, and that there was nothing that they could do to assist me. After doing some research online, I found over 700 other complaints about the same issue. This is the third Chrysler that I have owned (and my second Pacifica) with 100% satisfaction until this point. Unless Chrysler deals with this issue to my satisfaction and my safety is they first concern, I will never own another Chrysler product again. I have taken pictures of the part in question and intend to pursue this issue until it is fixed!

- Aurora, IL, USA

Apr 042014

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the ECM was replaced but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure and current mileage was 82,000.

- Taylors , SC, USA

Mar 132014

Pacifica 6-cyl

I had the brakes repaired in 2012; the next month the ABS light came on and the sensor was replaced. Ten months later, the sensor light came on again. I was told it was insignificant, that the brakes are fine. In the fall of 2013, I had the car towed to a shop because it tried to accelerate while I was pressing the brakes. I spent over $800 having a bunch of codes cleared with the transmission and other things. The engine light was off for a few days but came back on. There was an error that read gas cap. I replaced the gas cap but the engine light remains on. In March 2014 the brake light came on, I was told that I needed to replace the calibers but later was told that I didn't. I had someone else to check and they said that I needed new front brakes. I had those replaced. On 4/7/2014, I was leaving the parking garage at the doctor's office and the gas pedal was stuck. Lucky for me it was on a downhill slope and I was able to stop at the stop sign and put the car in park and press the accelerator to unstick it. Today, April 13, 2014 the brake light is back on and there is a noise in the frontend. I love my car but it just does not feel safe to drive.

- Chickasaw, AL, USA

Apr 012014

Pacifica 6-cyl

I just got my 06 Pacifica last March with 87000 I went to get it inspected and it failed emissions for catalytic converter and the inspection because the engine cradle is severely rotted to the point it is a safety hazard. I called the dealership I bought it from and they said it was just replaced before I bought it so that's two converters in a little over a year. Then my engine cradle is so rotted that there's a huge hole in it. I called Chrysler and they said there is only a recall on 2004-2005 but yet all there other cars have the same problem but they won't help! now here I am a year into owning this car still owe 6000$ for my loan and my car is unsafe to drive in because Chrysler fails to want to help there customers and back there products up. Chrysler dealership even admits this is a issue but the company won't fix it! I don't even know what to do!

- Trafford, PA, USA

Mar 182014

As I had my car serviced the mechanic told me my engine cradle is rusting out.

- Albion, MI, USA

Feb 012013

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that when the fuel tank was filled, it caused the vehicle to stall. The failure had occurred intermittently, however the failure had become permanent. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000 and the current mileage was 113,000.

- Tabor , IA, USA

Mar 122014

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving approximately 25 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle restarted and resumed normally. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis where the technician stated that the rocker arms, pistons and engine lifters would need replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 111,000.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Apr 012012

Twice my car has froze up (car felt like it was in slow, stiff motion) while driving in the rain going about;1st time 20mph and 2nd time of issue 30mph. The battery light would come on with the ding sound to alert you and then it would freeze up while driving down a road and luckily in both incidents I was able to get over and out of the way of traffic. I would put that car in to park, shut it off, and turn it back on and it would drive normal again. Four different mechanics has tested the car but can not find the problem to correct this issue. And in both incidents I had my 5 year old daughter in the car with me. If I would have been unable to get out of the way this would have been a different letter. Also another issues is the back tailgate will not stay up in cold weather and has come crashing down on my head more than once. That is very painful and startling to have happen to you when you are putting groceries in your car. My children are not allowed to place anything in the back because I fear that they will be crushed and that also has been looked at my mechanics who can not find a plausible cause for this to happen either.

- Pekin, IL, USA

Sep 132013

Pacifica 6-cyl

There are holes and rust all over the engine cradle. I see that the 2004 and 2005 models have recalls on them and was wondering how to start action on this for 2006 models.

- Janesville , WI, USA

Sep 272012

Pacifica 6-cyl

We have had multiple issues with this vehicle since we purchased it. First issue was the cv boots that had completely disintegrated. This occurred 62,123 miles. Next issue that is still occurring today and deeply concerns me is that the accelerator pedal sticks from time to time. Not sure what causes that to happen but it scares the living day lights out of me on a weekly basis. Shortly after that the check engine light came on and the panel read gascap. Well we bought a new gas cap and the issue was not resolved. Since then we were told it was the fuel pump that needed to be replaced. Again, more money out of our pocket so unfortunately we have not had the repair done since we don't have the money to pay for it. Next and biggest issue off all is that while driving down our street I heard a noise that concerned me. When I got home there was a tapping under the hood, the tapping has been continuous since then. The original mileage at that time was 85,625 miles. After multiple trips to several different mechanics it has been diagnosed as a tapping lifter. Well this is a very very expensive repair. So easiest thing for us to do is to trade in our car....not the case. Our car now has no trade-in value because of the lifter issue. I am beside myself and I firmly believe that these are all issues that Chrysler should address under warranty. The maintenance on our vehicle is done on a regular basis to avoid issues like this. I feel quite cheated by Chrysler and wish I could request a refund for all of the repairs we have had to do while owning this vehicle.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA