2006 Chrysler Pacifica engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Nov 052014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was undergoing an inspection, the mechanic noticed that the engine cradle deteriorated to the point that it was rusted and corroded. The mechanic indicated that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 37,000.

- West Elizabeth , PA, USA

Apr 062015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was being serviced for routine maintenance, the independent mechanic discovered that the subframe engine mount was rusted and corroded. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 121,035.

- Staten Island , NY, USA

Mar 232015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving at various speeds, the engine would suddenly shut off. After restarting the engine, the vehicle would operate as normal. The failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 160,000.

- Laurelville, OH, USA

Mar 282015

Pacifica 6-cyl

Updated report - no one has responded. Received additional information. My mechanic wrote "engine cradle is extremely corroded, also severe rush and corrosion in chasis and both rocker panels. Will be getting into the dealer today or tomorrow.

- Berwyn, PA, USA

Mar 292015

Pacifica 6-cyl

The engine cradle has rusted completely through in one section. Other sections are heavy rusted but not completely through at this time.

- New Oxford, PA, USA

Mar 242015

Pacifica 6-cyl

2006 Pacifica engine cradle rusted ~ unsafe to drive ~ expensive to fix!!!!!!!!!!!

- Holland, MI, USA

Mar 022015

Pacifica 6-cyl

On March 2, 2015, I was involved in an accident. The other driver was at fault, and there were no injuries. My Pacifica performed well and sustained only body damage. However, in repairing the damage, the body shop found a substantially corroded engine sub-frame, which had to be replaced at a cost of $750. The same issue exists with earlier model Pacificas (for which I believe recalls exist). My question or concern is why Chrysler should be able to escape responsibility for its decision to continue to use defective methods and materials to produce critical vehicle components.

- Shaker Heights, OH, USA

Nov 142013

Pacifica 6-cyl

First began 11/2013 when headed out after picking up my daughter, slowed to enter left turn lane (on major busy intersection at night!) and entire car simply died - fried the battery (it was only a yr old & the second time I had replaced it since I purchased it two yrs prior from original owner) nearly was hit by several cars before tow truck arrived (so dead couldn't even be shifted into neutral!) after multiple opinions by several mechanics had to face the fact that issue w/rods caused metal pieces to infiltrate oil (all oil changes on time, previous before incident 6 week prior) causing all engine bears to go. Luckily, was able to work out a fairly decent deal to the tune of $1200, only to be faced w/multiple additional needed repairs thereafter and over a year later, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of why engine totally stalls when coming to a complete stop if my A/C is on - check engine light has been on since I purchased it & still won't stay off despite multiple re-sets & computer checks, as is ABS light (again, checked multiple times & since no issue I have left it as is) now battery light also comes on intermittently. All codes come back fine, and hoses & seals all fine.... as of two days ago, seems I'm now looking at engine cradle issue as well! nearly $3000 in (just counting these latest issues!) after replacing battery for a third time & tire replacement (all 4) twice within a year, in addition to breaks & rotors for 2nd time in 2 years...seems to be a common problem w/these vehicles and yet my VIN # isn't included in the recall...shame on you Chrysler....I am a single mother, who has had all regular maintenance and upkeep & cannot afford to continue to throw $ into this issue, and am afraid every time my kids are in the car that the stalling issues will cause a horrible accident!

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Mar 102015

Pacifica

I took my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica in to a Chrysler dealership because I couldn't pass the il emissions test. I was told that my subframe was very rusted and holes were in it. He told me that they fixed my car so I can pass emissions ($900) and basically told me to drive it for a few months and get rid of it. I asked him how much it would be to fix it and he told me, it would be very expensive. I did my research and there are a lot of people with the same problem. There is a recall for 04-05 Pacificas and after looking at pictures of other subframes for 04-05 models, they look just like mine (rusted w/holes). 06 Pacificas should also be in the recall. I did not call Chrysler because I felt I would get the same response as others. So now I have to pray every time I drive the vehicle that the subframe doesn't break. I still owe on the vehicle and can't afford another. Please do something!

- Des Plaines, IL, USA

Feb 012012

Pacifica 6-cyl

My 2006 Pacifica engine cradle has been rusting for several years and now needs replaced. I called Chrysler a year ago. This is a common problem with Pacificas. This is a safety issue and a structural defect.

- Parma, OH, USA

Mar 072015

Pacifica 6-cyl

Today I was told that the engine cradle of my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica with 125214 miles was rusted out and needs to be replaced, will not pass nys inspection. Online I read that Chrysler is only are covering the 2004 and 2005 models. This is a extreme safety problem just like the defects in the 2004 and 2005 that Chrysler needs to cover.

- Binghamton, NY, USA

Nov 152014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while the vehicle being serviced for an oil change with an independent mechanic, it was informed that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The contact mentioned that the engine would shake while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000. The VIN was not available.

- Liver Pool, NY, USA

Feb 182015

Pacifica 6-cyl

The engine cradle is rusting through leaving holes, and flaking off even when just touched by hand. This is a problem with 2004 and 2005 Pacificas as well; Chrysler extended warranties for those model years, but decided not to for 2006 for some reason. Really these should all be recalled anyway as it is a major safety issue since the engine support is rotten with rust which could easily cause major accidents.

- Noblesville, IN, USA

Dec 172014

Pacifica 6-cyl

The dealer at time of an oil change informed that the engine cradle is rusted to the point of being dangerous to my family. This should be a recalled item since I see on the internet this is a repeated pattern of endangerment to these Pacifica car owners.

- Belmont, MI, USA

Jan 192015

Pacifica 6-cyl

Today I was told that the engine cradle of my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica was rusted out and needs to be replaced. Online Chrysler says they only are covering the 2004 and 2005 years. I believe this is a extreme safety problem that Chrysler is overlooking.

- Anoka, MN, USA

Jan 042015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the engine cradle was corroded. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 123,000.

- Detroit, ME, USA

Dec 162014

Pacifica 6-cyl

Went for annual NY state inspection, that got a call from mechanic to see under the car. Front engine cradle was rusted with holes and metal peeling off on the touch. Car did not pass inspection and engine cradle has to be replaced. It is not safe to drive.I was advised to contact Chrysler since they have seen many Pacifica's with the same problems. After talking to Chrysler customer service was told that they are aware of the problem but that they are sorry that they can not help since they have issued a recall but just for limited number of cars manufactured in 2004, since my car is newer it is not covered in that recall.

- Ithaca, NY, USA

Dec 112014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving 60 mph, the engine light illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact was aware of NHTSA campaign number: 06V432000 (power train); however, the VIN was not included. The failure mileage was 48,000.

- Clifton Heights, PA, USA

Nov 212014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while stopped at a traffic light, there was an sudden increase in engine rpms and the vehicle started to shake violently. Also, the contact stated that while driving approximately 15 mph the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to merge to the side of the road and restarted the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 61,000.

- Bloomfield, NJ, USA

Nov 102014

Pacifica

When I went to get my car serviced, I was immediately warned by the technician that my car was unsafe and could catch on fire at any time because my engine sub-frame is corroded. The technician informed me that my engine could fall out at any time. He said I should not drive my car and should immediately get it replaced. I have done my research and this is a problem with many Chrysler Pacificas. My Chrysler Pacifica is a 2006, and I have seen this complaint from those with 2004, 2005, and 2006 models. Do there have to be deaths before it is acknowledged that this is a Chrysler problem that should be corrected immediately?

- Chicago, IL, USA