2006 Chrysler Pacifica engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Mar 012015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while making a left turn at 35 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Columbia, KY, USA

Dec 122015

Pacifica

2006 Chrysler Pacifica was deemed unsafe to drive on 12/12/15 upon taking car in for an oil change. Mechanic stated that subframe is rusted and has a 6 inch hole meaning that the engine could fall off the car. I do know that there was a problem with 2004 and 2005 models and didn't expect to hear the news on my 2006 model.

- Flossmoor, IL, USA

Sep 112015

Pacifica

Engine cardle ( subframe) was rusted out and mechanice suggested its nor safe to drive. According to mechanics and complains fieled on this web site its a common issue with this vehicls and it will caus crashes soon.

- Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

Sep 072015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was being serviced, the dealer observed that the engine cradle was rusted and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 174,000.

- Toddville, MD, USA

Sep 082014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While at a complete stop and attempting to accelerate, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact also stated that the vehicle would jerk on some occasions prior to the failure.the contact stated that the vehicle was able to restart after several attempts with a hard start. The vehicle was taken to be diagnosed, but the details of the failure could not be provided. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Aug 032015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the service engine warning light flickered and the vehicle overheated. The vehicle was repaired by replacing the hose. The contact also noticed that the engine cradle/subframe was rusted with holes and could fracture. The vehicle was taken to over three independent mechanics who diagnosed that the engine cradle/subframe needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 210,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Sep 082015

Pacifica

Upon regular maintenance, the auto mechanic discovered my 2006 Pacifica engine cradle frame is totally rusted out. He advised me the cost of repair is so high that it is not worth to repair. He further required me to acknowledge that my car is not safe to drive. This is very unusual to have a subframe rusted though the whole metal frame since the car was always kept in Maryland, we hardly have any snow in the last 10 years. From the search on the internet, it turns out that this subframe problem affected was common in many Pacifica on the road. We felt fortunate that the engine has not dropped on the ground and lead to a fatal crash. Why there is not recall on these Pacificas.

- Elkton, MD, USA

Jul 102015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the engine cradle prematurely rusted to the point that it was corroded and may fracture. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic, who inspected and diagnosed that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 163,000.

- Mayville, NY, USA

Jul 202015

Pacifica

Was pulling out to cross a street and car cut off. I was crossing traffic and stopped to oncoming traffic. The incident took place twice. Only the 2nd time did I almost get hit by another vehicle. Currently car is at a Chrysler dealer. The problem is I could have been hit by oncoming traffic.

- Klamath Falls, OR, USA

Jun 012015

Pacifica

Discovered excessive rust on the subframe and underbody members after trying to diagnose a problem with the steering. Specifically, a "clicking" noise had appeared unexpectedly during turning and the steering wheel had undue resistance while turning. After checking for tire problems and other issues, a mechanic diagnosed the problem as a subframe failure due to excessive rust. He mentioned that if the rust progressed too far, the engine could literally fall out of the vehicle while I was driving. This issue demands a recall. Updated 09/15/15

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 152015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving approximately 55 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated and the vehicle started to make a jerking motion. The failure recurred multiple times. The contact also stated that the vehicle shut off while driving, and was not able to be restarted. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The technician stated that the motor and transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Cheraw, SC, USA

Jul 172015

Pacifica

Engine cradle rusted through lower section on each end. Noticed at onset of oil change.

- Shorewood, WI, USA

Jul 142015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the engine cradle rusted and caused the engine to fall out of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the mechanic stated that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 106,000.

- Menifee, CA, USA

Jul 062013

Pacifica

We have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica that we purchased used in 2008 with 26K miles. In 2011 we started experience problems. Simultaneously, we came up with codes P0700, P0420 and P0456 and have had to have the transmission rebuilt, the catalyst converter replaced and new fuel pump due to the evap leak. In a matter of months, we spent $5,900 on repairs and in order for the car to pass inspection. We were still making payments on this car and after contacting Chrysler repeatedly, we were told that they would not be responsible, so we were forced to make these repairs. After further research, we found that many Pacificas had many of the same problems that we were experiencing and that Chrysler refused to acknowledge the issues.we have had electrical problems with the power seats, bluetooth, side view mirrors. The electrical system shortens the life of the battery and we have had to replace the battery prematurely several times. Now we need an ABS sensor, and the car leaks in through the front window seals on both sides when it rains. We have just found out when we had the car in for a routine oil change, that our engine cradle(sub frame) is rusted and is a hazard to drive and will cost approximately $2,500 to replace! we just made our last payment on this car as we found this information out. We have also found out that many Pacificas have this rusting problem and Chrysler did acknowledge this for 2004 & 2005 models but not after. We are aware that there is a class action suit and want to be sure that the ntsa is aware of this. This is a family car and there may be many unsuspecting Pacifica owners and their families out there who are at risk of injury or possibly loss of life. We feel that Chrysler needs to warn all owners and implore them to have them bring their Pacificas to the dealership free of charge to have it inspected and repaired for this hazardous issue.

- Lanoka Harbor, NJ, USA

May 012015

Pacifica

I was informed by another consumer that the front end and engine cradle, in my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica are rusting. This rust problem is causing the engine to actual fall out of vehicles. After hearing of this, I had two different mechanics check my vehicle. After both inspections I was told my vehicle is severely rusted and is not going to be safe to drive for much longer. The estimated time frame I was given is between 6-12 months. It was suggested that I drive local only and have it reinspected every three months for my safety. I contacted Chrysler's recall center only to find out there are currently no recalls issued at this time for my vehicle and they do not expect there to be any. I called directly to the Chrysler co. To hear the same thing that the recall center told me and that they have no intentions of helping people that are experiencing this problem. At this point I am unable to afford the high cost of repairs and will soon be out of a road safe vehicle.

- Malden, MA, USA

May 202013

Pacifica

Rocker arm failure, requiring replacement on both sides. Searched internet and is a known failure with many Pacifica consumers. Responsible car manufacturer should have recalled. Safety hazard primary fuel pump crack on external fuel pump nozzle. External hose connecting primary and secondary fuel pumps original manufacture was ~3-5 cm too short. Hose was stretched to connect fuel pumps, eventually causing the connector nozzle to crack (break) and leak fuel. Hose replacement part has been modified, but owners of original manufacture would never be aware of this until/unless specific service is performed. Result = costly repair to replace both fuel pump and hose.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA

May 232012

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the front subframe and cross member were rusted. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact also stated that while the vehicle on, there was a fuel odor and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the fuel pump and the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, there was smoke coming from the front of the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the rear, the lower front, and the front upper motor mounts needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Oswego, IL, USA

May 042015

Pacifica 6-cyl

Mechanic inspecting vehicle for another issue noted that the engine cradle had completely rusted through. The vehicle was not safe to drive & needed expensive repairs. Engine was in danger of falling out of the car. Chrysler is aware of this problem but has decided to do nothing about it.

- Ballston Spa, NY, USA

Apr 152015

Pacifica

I recently bought a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica touring with under 87,000 miles. When I went to have the state inspection performed I was informed by the dealership that this car will not pass inspection due to the excessive amount of rust on the engine cradle. We were informed that the vehicle is not safe to drive and needs over $3,600 of repair work done. I am a single mother and can not afford that kind of repair cost. I find it crazy that a car under 10 years old should have this kind of rust damage. The visible outside of the car is in perfect shape, but the underside is totally corroded! when I started looking online to see if anyone else has encountered this issue, I was amazed at the number of other people who have encountered this same issue. This car is not safe to drive with my daughter, as one good pot hole could cause the engine to fall out and kill both of us or anyone else on the road around us. I will paying for years on a car I cant even drive nor in good conscience sell to someone else. I find it extremely disappointing that Chrysler refuses to step up and do right by its customers. It will only be a matter of time until someone is killed by this car.

- Wilmot, NH, USA

Jan 052015

Pacifica 6-cyl

When getting oil change mechanic pointed out front frame (engine cradle) rust. Frame rusted through. Not safe to drive.

- Plain City, OH, USA