2006 Chrysler Pacifica engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Aug 042016

Pacifica

My car failed inspection because my mechanic noticed it the engine cradle was rotting and had holes in it all over. So he said this is an ongoing problem with Chrysler Pacifica's and that they were poorly designed. To repair would cost me about $2000-2500. I feel horrible and lied to because Chrysler isn't taking responsibility for this defect. That kind of money is not in my budget. I don't understand how something so important could be overlooked by Chrysler.....I'm really fed up.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jul 102015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While having the vehicle inspected, the contact was informed that the engine cradle was rotted. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician confirmed the engine was rotted and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was unable to be repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 96,000.

- Fairport, NY, USA

Jan 222015

Pacifica

Intake plenum has failed causing the car to stall out when turning in front of oncoming traffic. Definitely a safety hazard. This defect is in all Chrysler Pacificas. As a secondary consequence, this defect causes excessive emissions, increasing air pollution.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Jul 152016

Pacifica

Took car to mechanic and he noticed the motor mount subframe was completely rotted out and cracked that supports the engine weight and suspension of the car. Though no incident took place yet, this issue could have had the engine fall out at any time.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA

Jul 062016

Pacifica

The engine light came on. The car would not accelerate over 25 mph. It kept feeling as if it was stalling when stopped at light and trying to accelerate. Hard to go up inclines. After being parked for 4 hours we noticed the car was smoking. I called the fire department who discovered that the insulation and the engine was smoldering. It is now at excalibur being looked at. I was driving on a city street when this happened. When we discovered the car was smoking, it had been parked for four hours.

- South Euclid, OH, USA

Jun 282016

Pacifica

Entered the freeway and after reaching speed of approximately 55-60 mph I heard a loud sound that sounded like a small explosion. Someone driving in the lane next to me began frantically pointing at the engine of my car. Immediately I saw smoke and flames coming from underneath the car's hood. I pulled off the exit that I was approaching, parked the car at the curb, jumped out the car, dialed 911. Fire department responded in a couple of minutes and by this time entire engine and hood was on fire.they put the fire out. Car was not able to be placed in neutral or any other gear, but was still towed to the dealership that performed repairs to fuel injectors and other components of the engine on February 2, 2016. During Feb. 2016 incident the gas pedal would not give power to make the car accelerate, car started smoking and giving off fumes that smelled like burning plastic. Car repairs were made in that incident. Going to have diagnostic performed to research if there is a connection/relation between February 2016 incident and June 2016 incident.

- Fresno, CA, USA

May 022016

Pacifica

My vehicle stalls when remaining still, or if driving it will just shut off. Turning left around a round about it will shut off. Recently when stopped it will idle high then sputter as if it wants to shut off, sometimes it does. I know there has been a recall for vehicles made up to the date November 2004. Mine was manufactured May 2005, should that make a difference even though mine was manufactured one year later and still can have the same problem? just a note, I have young kids in my car. Another problem is the engine, in researching I notices that there have been a lot of complaints about rusting engine mounts or breaking of engine mounts. As may complaints that I have read, I believe that there should be a recall. I have an engine mount that is rusted and worn out. For the safety of all the 900 and something complaints in forums, I believe this should be fixed. I also believe that my 2006 Pacifica should be in the stalling recall notice and be fixed also. One year apart should not be judged in a issues. This happens a lot an many dates, but I can only put one.

- Sultan, WA, USA

Apr 022016

Pacifica

When we bought the car not 11 months ago we were never told about any structural damage. A week ago we noticed a bad thumping as we were driving, so we took it to a car shop and that's when they found over 4 inches of rust on both sides of the engine cradle and they told us it was unsafe to drive.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA

Mar 232016

Pacifica

I had taken my car in a week ago for an issue with the car making like a popping sound when I turn hard. Well after mechanic drove it and then put it on a rack to take a look underneath and do their inspection they told us we cannot drive vehicle as it is unsafe. The cradle was completely rusted and I could stick my hand in it. At any point in time it could have completely fell off and wrecked my vehicle. It could have been catastrophic. This is dangerous and Chrysler is aware of the issue but refuses to do anything about it. Now we are going to be stuck with the repair bill. I called Chrysler and spoke with an agent named brittney whose only response was I am sorry there is nothing we can do. Even after explaining any type of accident with my children in the car could have been catastrophic. They do not care. Something needs to be done to cover all vehicles. I only have 75,000 miles on the vehicle and the cradle is the only part rusted. Chrysler does not care about any of that just that the vehicle does not fall within the 2004 or 2005 range. Please help something needs to be done before someone loses their life over this issue.

- Mansfield, OH, USA

Feb 122016

Pacifica 6-cyl

The engine cradle is rusting through. The engine could fall out to the ground. I noticed this around the 12th of February 2016.

- Unknown, DC, USA

Mar 272016

Pacifica

The engine mounts have broken, and been replaced, and broke again. The floorboard, has rusted through on the drivers side, and the frame is rusting out. The suspension is breaking and has now blow out 2 tires. The electrical panel /dash, doesn't work and causes other problems. I don't live by salt water and have been informed that this is not a new problem with this make/model. Gas fumes come up through the floorboard, and I have been dealing with this since I took it off of the dealership. I am a single mom of 3, and am not finding help from anyone. Can you please help me?

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Pacifica

The front member of the car has rotted away. This is very dangerous and can cause the engine to fall out.

- Seymour, CT, USA

Feb 232016

Pacifica

Went in for an oil change and found out the subframe on the vehicle was rusted out. Took it to my mechanic. After researching I have found many posts on this happening to many people with this make and model. Please check into this issue, it seems that something is not right with this part of the vehicle. The car is in perfect shape no rust or corrosion anywhere else on the vehicle.

- Anoka, MN, USA

Jan 292016

Pacifica

I brought my Pacifica in for servicing, and was told that my engine cradle is rotting away. They said it was unsafe to drive. Fda said they won't help by fixing it.

- Racine, WI, USA

Jan 112014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the motor bracket and the motor mounts fractured. As a result, the engine was mounted on top of the starter and ignited a fire. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 115,000.

- East Hazelcrest, IL, USA

Mar 012015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while making a left turn at 35 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Columbia, KY, USA

Dec 122015

Pacifica

2006 Chrysler Pacifica was deemed unsafe to drive on 12/12/15 upon taking car in for an oil change. Mechanic stated that subframe is rusted and has a 6 inch hole meaning that the engine could fall off the car. I do know that there was a problem with 2004 and 2005 models and didn't expect to hear the news on my 2006 model.

- Flossmoor, IL, USA

Sep 112015

Pacifica

Engine cardle ( subframe) was rusted out and mechanice suggested its nor safe to drive. According to mechanics and complains fieled on this web site its a common issue with this vehicls and it will caus crashes soon.

- Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

Sep 072015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was being serviced, the dealer observed that the engine cradle was rusted and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 174,000.

- Toddville, MD, USA

Sep 082014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While at a complete stop and attempting to accelerate, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact also stated that the vehicle would jerk on some occasions prior to the failure.the contact stated that the vehicle was able to restart after several attempts with a hard start. The vehicle was taken to be diagnosed, but the details of the failure could not be provided. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA