6.0

2. replace hoses or keep loosening and re-tightening clamps (1 reports)
2001 Chrysler Sebring cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Nov 012011

Sebring LX 2.7L V6

Transmission oil pan leak

power steering oil leak

coolant leak

hell ! wrong choice !

never ever buy a chrysler again !

- , Burnaby, BC, canada

Oct 312009

Sebring LX 2.7L V6

Coolant leaking from two hoses on top of the engine. Good news is that coolant levels seem normal and have normal color, probably just needs new hoses. Right now just an inconvenience and won't fix since I have other bigger problems to worry about with this car. Purchasing this car was one of the biggest and most expensive mistakes of my life.

- , Cottage Grove, MN, USA

Oct 152007

Sebring LXI 3.0L V6

The dealer led me to believe this was a warranted repair until I gave it the o.k. then conveniently reversed their diagnosis by saying that hoses aren't under warranty. Duh. I could've replaced the things myself for 1/4 of what they charged. NEVER go to a dealer for Non-Warranted repairs...EVER. They're criminals robbing people they put into submission, by taking their cars away for periods of time, making them feel vulnerable. Then returning w/ HEAVILY inflated estimates, playing the Trump card of "I've got you in a corner now".

The almighty HONDA dealer wanted my sister to pay over $700 to replace 1 battery cable. We sabotaged the cable, then took it in to see what they'd say. They came back to her w/ a spread sheet of over $700 in electrical and motor repairs needed. I followed up the next day w/ new cable in hand, and fixed it in less than 10 min. right there on their lot. I went in and described my actions quite loudly in the waiting room. This was NOT received very warmly.

- , Alpharetta, GA, USA