7.3

1. replace alternator (2 reports)
  2. never again buy a Chrysler (1 reports)
2001 Chrysler Sebring electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Nov 082009

Sebring LX 2.7L V6

Battery light went on and had it tested at Wal-Mart. They said it was just the battery of course and not the alternator, as if they'd know. So I replaced the battery and the light went on again. Bought the replacement alternator myself and had a private mechanic replace it for only $160 total. However if you go to a chain store they wanted $260 just for the alternator not including labor. It sucks when an alternator goes out at 90,000 miles when the ones you buy at the store all have a lifetime warranty.

This car sucks!

- , Cottage Grove, MN, USA

Jun 072006

Sebring LX 3.0

replaced my alternator twice. since purchasing this car from an out of state dealer, i have had nothing but problems since i bought my 2nd chrysler sebring. My first car, i had no problems and no complaints, but unfortunately i was in a wreck in which my car was totaled, mileage on that car was @ 90k. I would buy a chrysler again, b/c they are definitely in my opinion greatly made vehicles, BUT ONLY FROM A DEALER W/ AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. I wouldnt ever purchase from ebay or and out of state dealer again.

- , Royal Palm, FL, USA

Jan 132004

Sebring LXI

Car started to start and stop in rush hour traffic it was like riding a bucking bronco. Had to replace the alternator. WHAT A PIECE OF CHRYSLER KNOW HOW

- , Atlanta, GA, USA