9.0

1. engine replacement (1 reports)
2001 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jan 112012

Sebring LX 2.7L

I purchased this car used back in November of 2011. Made sure the first thing i did after purchase was to get a tune-up and an oil change. About 3 months later my car begain to stall on me when i would begin to pull off from a stop light... This began to happen quite frequently and began to get very dangerous. I was on the expressway one day when this happened in the middle of rush hour traffic when my car just cut off on me out of the blue. I had to st there in the middle of oncoming traffic trying to start my car to get out of the way of speeding vehicles. Upon looking the problem up online, i found that there were a lot of people with the same car with the exact same issue. Apparently, the engine in the Chrysler Sebring Convertible is deffective. Due to leakage, engine sludge accumelates and ultimately causes the demise of the engine if not caught in time. I called Chrysler to find out if there had been a recall on this engine due to the fact that there were sooooo many complaints that I had come accross. Chrysler informed me that the only recall that had been issued on my car according to the VIN is the lable for the convertable top. They stated that a recall had not been issued for the engine at all. I found this to be very unsettling because of the danger this issue causes. Something needs to be done about this. If anyone knows of someone i should contact in regards to a class action lawsuit please send me an email: jen.caron1@gmail.com. Thank you!!!

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 012007

Sebring LXI 2.7L

SEBRING STALLS, ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON WHEN CROSSING FREEWAY. OVERPASS IN THE SLOW LANE. IT HAPPENS EVERYTIME ON THE SAME ONE! SO I DRIVE IN THE FAST LANE AND IT WON'T HAPPEN. IT ALSO HAPPENS, SAME THING, ON OTHER OVERPASSES IN COUNTY AND ON OTHER STATE FREEWAYS, THE SLOW LANE . WE THINK THERE MUST BE SOMETHING IN THE GROUND CONTROLLING SOMETHING (STREETLIGHTS AHEAD,

SPRINKLER SYSTEMS ETC.) THAT STOPS THE COMPUTER SYSTEM OF THE CAR AND THE CAR STALLS AND THEN AFTER A COUPLE OF SECONDS COMES BACK ON.

IT'S SCARY WITH KIDS AND GRANDCHILDREN IN THE CAR! MECHANICS LOOK AT US LIKE WE'RE CRAZY AND THEY WON'T RIDE WITH US TO SEE OUR PROBLEM. FRUSTRATED

- , Chico, CA, USA