6.0

1. replaced mount (4 reports)
2001 Chrysler Sebring suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Oct 212012

Sebring LX 2.7lV6

The problem is getting the parts without getting overcharged up here in Canada.One place was so much the other places were half the price and the dealer is totally corrupt.

- , Harrison Hot Springs, B.C, canada

Apr 012011

Sebring LX 2.7L V6

I had this fixed, only to have in shop once again to replace new ones under warranty. Now they can not find mounts for this car. I just replaced the water pump REAL PIAN IN ASS......total bill 1300.00! I love this car but the price of these things are ridiculous

- , Sussex, WI, USA

Mar 092009

Sebring LX 2.7L V6

I knew I needed to have my shocks and struts replaced soon because when I drove over the smallest of bumps in the road, it sounded like I had a shopping cart in my trunk. The strut mount wasn't just broken but smashed into 4-5 pieces. And the struts I needed couldn't be normal cheap ones, my model car is some kind of special engine that requires every part to be 3 times more expensive. Damn my 2.7L V6 stupid car. That little fix just got the ball rolling......

- , West Allis, WI, USA

May 222008

Sebring LXI 3.7L

click to see larger images

rear strut mount shattered rear strut mount shattered rear strut mount shattered rear strut mount shattered

A year ago I had to change out the rear passenger side strut mount (see picture) on my girlfriends car. I noticed that it was totally shattered and i couldn't take off the strut unless I compressed the spring first. Since I usually only have to compress the spring after strut removal, it was a pain. Figuring I should take a look at the other side and found out that both sides were shattered. I replaced the mount on the passenger side but not the drivers side because my girlfriend and I broke up and she said she would take it to a dealership. We of course got back together but forgot about the driver side...till it fell off and made a horrible clanking sound. I don't believe this to be part of normal vehicle maintenance and surmise that it is a bad engineering design. The struts themselves are still in good condition and lasted longer than the mounts used to hold them in! I also had to replace the rubber bumpers that were used as spacers because they had disintegrated.

- , Sisseton, SD, USA