1. have them replaced (2 reports)
  2. replace wheel bearing (1 reports)
2001 Chrysler Sebring wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Sep 012013

Sebring 2.7L

2001 Chrysler sebring 2.7 engine

- , Collierville, TN, USA

Jun 082007

Sebring LXI 2.7L V

We were literally a couple of thousand miles out of our warranty when I started noticing a loud sound coming from the right front side of the car. When I took it in to the shop, the mechanic said that it was the wheel bearing. He was surprised considering the relatively low mileage of the car.

Later that day he called to say that the left side was almost as bad as the right and needed to be done eventually. What could I do other than fork out the money and pay for it.

I called Chrysler and told them what had happened, but they refused to even really listen to my problem because I was out of the warranty. A couple of lessons learned... don't buy a US made sedan if you are looking for a long-lasting car and if you do purchase a domestic sedan... buy the extended warranty. In my case, considering the other problems I have had with the car, it would have definitely been worth the money.

- , Small Town, IN, USA

May 032007

Sebring LXI 2.7

I had bad squeeking when I would turn left. Occasionally it would disappear. I thought it was the steering column and tried WD40 but that did nothing. Dealer identified it as a bad left front seal that could not be repacked and when replaced the squeek went away.

All four wheels are independent suspension and I also had the alignment done. Car rides like new with no squeek.

- , Spotsylvania, VA 22553, USA