2003 Chrysler Sebring steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chrysler Sebring:

2003 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Feb 012010

Clock spring broke in steering wheel. Air bag light came on. Called dealer and made appointment. Verified broken spring. Not in stock. 10 days later called dealer still no part. Am driving without air bag, light still on.

- Duboistown, PA, USA

Mar 142009

Problem: Smelling gas fumes while starting the car. Engine failure to start. Failure is daily. My wife and have taken the car numerous times to the dealer. The dealer stated that there is nothing wrong with the car, except needing a new gas cap. Since then, our local dealer has gone out of business. I am concerned that our car will result in worst case scenario results, like an explosion while starting the car. Our car was purchased brand new in 2003, in 2009 the cars condition has gotten worse, smelling more fuel fumes. I am not sure what to do, I am in hopes that someone on your end can help us. We don't have alot of money to go out and simply get a new car. Chrysler should have been paying more attention when designing the Sebring LX. I am afraid to even operate it. I have two children my wife and I simply cannot afford to repeatedly taking our car to someone only to be told there is nothing wrong with it. We have also noticed clicking sounds from the steering column. And the when you have your hands on the steering wheel, you can feel this "clicking". please help us.

- Ukiah, CA, USA