2005 Chrysler Sebring suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Sebring:

2005 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jun 012016

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Sebring. While driving 15 mph, the steering control arm seized without warning. The driver temporarily lost control of the steering. It was diagnosed that the control arm and ball joints fractured. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 112,539. Updated 07/12/16

- Barnegat, NJ, USA

Feb 012016

The most recent problem with this car is that it completely turned off....stalled out when I was driving 70 miles an hour on the I-4 thank god that I have quick reflexes or else me and my three children would be dead had camshaft sensor multiple times replaced, bad suspension and horn again it has a lot of problems with the suspension the ball joints wear out a lot especially on the left side for some reason the power windows gets stuck I spend hundreds of dollars probably more than the car is worth quite honestly I've had this damn car I was going to give it to my son now that X is here I was going to lease a new one for safety but I wouldn't even sell this car to anyone I'm going to junk it for parts the manufacturers of this car have a responsibility to keep its public safe!! I don't think its right that as a single mother I had to jeopardize my electric payment to fix a car that should have been placed on the recall list what robbery right now - had I not acted quickly thank god for my cdl training to be in the lane of least resistance... if not I would be here maybe not even my children...if anyone is reading this and you have a Sebring it doesn't seem to matter what model or year especially a 2005 sedan please do not drive over 35 40 miles an hour with that car keep both hands on your steering wheel and pay attention!! no cell phone no radio no talking no distractions your life and the lives of everyone in that vehicle very much depend on it and these companies have a way of getting around these recalls for not adding the vehicles that they no parts or damage to the list it's all about money and big corporation mean well our lives on the deadline be safe stay away from Sebring if you can financially afford to stay away from one I'm drunk in this car it's running I'm just not going to rest my life anymore I'm going to walk and take the metro be safe

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jan 152014

The arm suspension went out.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Aug 222008

I have a 2005 Chrysler Sebring I have owned for 2 years now in 2008 I was driving and heard a loud pop and a thud I got out and noticed that the rear strut mount shattered and the strut was loose so I drove it home and called the dealer they said there is a back order on them due to the constant failure of these so I was able to get 2 from their partner dealership someone instead of fixing their car they traded it in er something to that is what I was told so I put them on, now its 2009 Dec 23rd I changed the rear struts and front due to the car having 171,000 miles on them I took the good mounts off that I had just purchased a little over a year ago and they are showing signs of wear also but I threw them on since they was better then the ones I just bought with the new struts from a junk yard I would like you guys to look into this matter its a common problem with these cars dating back to 1999 or 2000 its all over the internet when they first shattered I contacted Chrysler about this matter and got hung up on several occasions when I told them the issue is all over the net about the same problem I do have old parts that was replaced in 2008 and the ones off of the used struts that I just purchased I have alot of friends that have a Sebring or have had one and they complain about the same issues if it wasn't a issue why was the strut mounts in 2008-2009 always on back order and dealerships could only get a limited # of them per month due to the problem.

- Viola, IL, USA