2008 Chrysler Sebring body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Sebring:

2008 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Apr 172016

Sebring

Takata recall. During the course of a year since I've purchased this car, I have experienced issues with what I believe to be power steering. Twice while coming to a stop (stop sign or light), my steering would lock along with my brakes. When I took it to a shop I was told my thermostat needed replaced. I told them to fix the issue. On April 17th while driving home from work a little after midnight this same issue occurred only while I was still driving. I was able to force my wheel to turn enough to drive up the bend I was driving around rather than the school in front of me. Finally I hit a pole and my car has been ruled as a total loss. I have many concerns in regards to what actually happened and why.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

May 022012

Sebring 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible. The contact stated that the convertible top would become stuck or it would take extremely long to close. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where it was diagnosed that the hydraulic cylinder was leaking and causing the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 66,340 and the current mileage was 70,000.

- Fort Worth , TX, USA