2010 Chrysler Sebring drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Sebring:

2010 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Apr 292016

The electronic throttle light comes on and the RPM decreases then engine stalls. Several times I was able to restart engine and it has now completely failed. I see numerous reports of this issue online but no specific repair for this defect.

- White City, OR, USA

Feb 082016

My car's electronic throttle control light comes on when I am in motion. The etc turns off when the car is cut off and restarted. I feel unsafe driving the expressway being that I drive for a living.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jun 022014

Sebring 4-cyl

First time anything happened - hotoil warning, check engine light and a weird temp light came on - but all gauges were fine and car was driving fine. Took it to a couple different places to have a diagnostic run on the car. Codes came back that the ECM and tcm were not communicating. System was reset and car was fine. A few weeks later same thing. My husband was driving and it also quit shifting. At a stoplight we felt a clunk as it slipped into gear lights went out and everything seemed fine. About a week ago - same thing happened, took it to Chrysler garage and for $100 ran a diagnostic and told us that the powertrain control module was defective. They updated the computer and it seemed to work fine. Tonight (only a week since it was updated) all of the lights came back on and it has quit shifting. I am going to have to go back to Chrysler for a $3000 + replacement of the entire PCM (powertrain control module is the main computer system in the car) I have a warranty on the powertrain - but of course this part is not covered - even though it is the powertrain control module. It seems odd to me that the 2009 Sebring had a recall for this exact part and so did the 2011, but not the 2010. Strange -- and I can honestly say I hate Chrysler --- totally rude and unconcerned about the financial burden this will cause my family --- if the PCM is required for the powertrain to function properly - it should be considered part of the powertrain and should be covered under the warranty. Also I would be very interested to know why the 2010 is not being recalled for the same part as the 2009 and 2011.

- Grand Junction, CO, USA

Mar 182014

Sebring 4-cyl

The car is less then 6mo I purchased the car with extended warranty, they now saying that the extended warrant only cover the engine and the transmission, the electronic throttle control is faulty, the whole throttle body has to be replace the shop then tells me that throttle body on the car was from a junk yard the sensor is warped. J.D byryder has been giving me the run around about fixing my car that I still pay a car note on every two weeks. And have never missed a payment.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Sep 012012

2010 Chrysler Sebring. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle racking pinion problems. The consumer stated the rack pinion failed again three years later. When the consumer picked the vehicle up, from the dealer, the noise was still there. The consumer returned to the dealer, and according to their diagnosis, the vehicle needed a new steering column. When the consumer picked the vehicle up again, the noise was still present. The technician informed the consumer, the noise was coming from the rack and pinion again, and there was no remedy. Later in the evening, the vehicle began making another noise, and was taken back to the dealer, where they determined the left front axle and wheel bearing needed to be replaced.

- Washington, DC, USA