2010 Chrysler Sebring electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Sebring:

2010 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Sep 172015

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled twice in the last six months. The check engine warning light and all the other warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was not able to restart without charging the battery overnight; however the failure recurred. The vehicle was towed to the contact's home. The vehicle was diagnosed that the six amp draw/ computer electric failure needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 99,288.

- Loves Park, IL, USA

Jul 052016

Car went dead on road due to a bad total intergrated power module

- Loves Park, IL, USA

Jul 122015

Sebring 4-cyl

Whitish/grayish smoke was billowing out of front end of car. Patrons driving alerted us & we exited vehicle. As we vacated vehicle we realized purse was still in vehicle, we ran to retrieve it & as we retrieved belongings, fire engulfed front end of vehicle & shot through front of vehicle & engulfed the entire front portion of vehicle & inside of vehicle. Power steering fluid dripped on engine which ignited the fire. As fire firefighters extinguished the first fire & as the first fire died down the vehicle erupted in flames once again which was ignited by fuel. Power steering fluid and battery acid causing the flames to shoot through the front end of the car (inside) to the back of the vehicle towards fuel tank. The vehicle was a potential fire ball. Vehicle is a charred totaled shell of a car. Towed to a towing/storage lot waiting for inspection by field engineers of Chrysler as well as your team per sabrina case # 10733613.

- Lafayette, IN, USA

Nov 282014

Sebring 4-cyl

I was driving my vehicle at 55 mph when my electronic throttle control light came on and my speed drop down to a stuttering 35 mph which almost cause the car behind me to rear end me. I have the bumper to bumper power train warranty but I was told that the part my not be covered.

- Commerce, GA, USA

Oct 212014

Sebring 4-cyl

This incident occurred will traveling on the freeway at 65 mph. Without notice the electronic throttle control light illuminate and the car decelerated from 65mph to 35mph. This deceleration almost cause the car following to almost rear-end my car. This problem has occurred on other Dodge/Chrysler vehicle. I would like for this to be investigated before someone lose their life.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 222014

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Sebring. While driving approximately 35 mph, the speedometer failed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 072011

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the totally integrated power module was defective. The contact also indicated that while driving in reverse and applying the brakes, the vehicle failed to stop. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Hunnington Beach , CA, USA

Dec 292013

The electronic throttle control light came on. The car decelerated and was idling high/rough. It will not pick up speed beyond 25-30 mph.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Aug 202013

Sebring 4-cyl

Vehicle stall first time on August 20 2013. It would only get up to 10mph. Had to get it towed to shop. They cleaned the throttle work for about a month. On September 18 problem occurred again the red light which looks like a lighting bolt came on. Lost power pull over on interstate crank up again work fine until September 25 when it stall again had to get a tow truck again to take it to another shop. They told me that the first shop should not have replace throttle that only work temporarily. So they replace the whole throttle and reprogram this cost me a total of $733. This can be dangerous going down the interstate lucky didn't cost a accident. This should never happen especially 3 years old.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Aug 182011

Sebring 4-cyl

Well I have been at chysler concerning my brakes, smell of smoke and my engine keep coming on and each time poor customer service. They will not tell me what exactly is going on and I am very upset with the poor customer service. This is taking time from my work and cost consuming. My car has 11,051 miles and that is ridiculous that I go back and forth. I am very upset of the poor service and feel they are not putting the proper parts in my car. My break still squeak and I brought extra warranty for this car. The poor service and deciet is terrible. I am going to the media with this issue. Nothing has not change and I called customer service at the chysler corporate office and they treated me with total disrespect.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Dec 282010

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Sebring limited. The contact stated the tire pressure monitoring system and the information system were both defective. The TPMS did not indicate that the tires had lost pressure. The information system did not alert her to any issues with the vehicle. The vehicle was inspected by a mechanic who could not pinpoint the problem. The vehicle had not been repaired. The current mileage was 36,270. The failure mileage was approximately 26,000.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA