6.0

1998 Dodge Durango transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Durango:

1998 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Dec 142011

Durango SLT 5.2L V8

click to see larger images

engine revs before shifting

my 98 dodge Durango revs up between shifting from 1st to 2nd.the abs light and brake light r on currently. i replace the vehicle speed sensor and rear abs wheel speed sensor. the lights went off and the trans shifter perfectly fine. now the lights are back on and the engines is revving between first and second still. i need to know how to fix this. i don't want to replace the trans as the truck is my only transportation and i don't wanna get rid of this truck i juts got it about a month ago and i love this thing, please someone help

- , Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jan 122011

Durango SLT 5.2L V8

Durango 5.2L

Automatic transmission130,000 miles

My transmission in my 98 Durango is not shifting into 3rd / passing gear. rpms get to 3000-3500. I have to let rpms go down to 1000 and it usually kicks in once I give gives it gas. but it's getting worse. Help me cause i don't want to buy a new vehicle. I had the transmission oil filter changed did not help at all.

- , Canton, South Dakota, SD, USA