2000 Dodge Durango drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Durango:

2000 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jul 072011

Durango LST 5.2L V8

I swerved to miss a tire in the middle of the highway and the rear axle broke on my Durango. My driver's side back tire came off causing me to veer left into the median wall. My tire flew over the wall striking another vehicle. My Durango was totaled. The troopers said they had never seen an axle break like this and that it has to be a manufacturer's defect. The rear axle could not handle the stress of the quick swerve.

- , New Caney, TX, USA