2001 Dodge Durango suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Durango:

2001 Dodge Durango Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 142004

Durango 4WD

I bought my Dodge Durango in October 2002. I heard a clunking noise & felt like someone hit me from behind when I would stop. Had checked at Pontiac dealership where I bought it, they said there were no problems. I saw cbs news story on Durangos and realized that the ball joints may be the issue with my vehicle, it still makes the same clunking noise, and I still feel the vehicle push forward when I am stopping my vehicle. On February 14th of this year, I was driving and lost my brakes, found out that the cylinders were bad. I will put this down as an incident, but the noise is still ongoing, and so far I haven't had an incident & would like to prevent one.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Feb 202004

When braking vehicle pulled to the right. Vehicle was taken to an independent repair shop where the mechanic could not resolve the problem. Also, vehicle was taken to the dealer, who found no problem. Vehicle was aligned, balanced, and the tires were changed.

- Chester, VA, USA

Jan 152004

While driving the consumer heard a loud noise coming from the front end. The dealer determined that the ball joints wore out prematurely. The dealer replaced the upper arm and the ball joints.

- Dacula, GA, USA

Jun 182003

Durango 4WD

Consumer states while traveling at 60 mph, consumer hit a dip in the road, lost control of vehicle, and hit a wall. Upon impact, none of the air bags went off. Both airbags deployed tow truck driver informed consumer that the tie rod end failed to cause such accident.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jul 052003

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

I have 2001 Dodge Durango and recently heard noises in the front end, and the vehicle seems to skip across the road when going over bumps. In addition, the right side tires both front and back are wearing on the outside. The left side is wearing normally. While going over bumps, the steering wheel at times, is almost thrown out of your hands. Vehicle also seems to be riding very rough than when first purchased. Dealer inspected front end and claimed there were no problems.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Oct 212002

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

The control arm and ball joint experienced premature wear.. the dealer refused to replace under warranty. The spark plugs were replaced.

- New Cumberland, WV, USA

Jun 122001

Steering wheel pulled to right (as if someone grabbed it and pulled). Steering pulled same way again (within seconds) and Durango went into spin, then into ditch, then rolled. Road conditions were excellent, no other traffic, weather was dry and clear.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA