7.7

2002 Dodge Durango AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Durango:

2002 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jan 202011

Durango

we are no 1 in the world but cars like that does not portray us as no 1.

- , Fresno, CA, USA

Jun 102010

Durango SLT V8

Ive spoken to several Durango owners and they have the same problem. The guys at the dealers tell me that the part is on back order, estimated date of arrival???? NEVER!!!Nobody knows when or if the part to fix this will ever be available again. A blend door.

- , Stratford, CT, USA

Oct 172010

Durango SL 4.7

Rear heater controls don't work. Had unit into Dodge dealer (one of them) and they said it was blowing WARM AIR. The pipes are hot under the car which indicates that hot water is getting to the heater core. The panels were not pulled to check the unit nor was the upper controls checked. They blew it off. had the car in three times to check the A/C system because it wasn't blowing cold air and was told that it was within specifications. When in OK City, Oklahoma, I took it to a Pontiac dealer who FIXED the thing. Really blows cold air now. This particular Dodge dealer really is lousy when it comes to fixing complaints. Wife will take the Durango in next week and I hope they are wearing their flak jackets cause she is pissed!!! I should because I'm the one who pays the darn bills!

Update from Nov 11, 2010: Had it fixed by Carlson Automite here in Amarillo, Texas. They found the prelum box flappers and motors damadged. Ordered box and everything works great.

Even the A/C system works better! It blows colder air than it ever has. Even getting more air thru the dash ducts!

So much for going to Dodge for repairs- - -EVER!! They even fixed the door lock problem for NO CHARGE! They reprogramed the body module computer.

- , Amarillo, TX, USA

Jan 232010

Durango SLT 4.7L V8

I don't usually use the heater because I don't like to go from one temperature extreme to the next. This past weekend the boys were in the the third row and were complaining about how cold it was back there. Needless to say I cranked on the rear heater and low and behold...only an arctic wind blew. I let it run for about five minutes but only became colder. This heater/ac system sucks.

- , Corona, CA, USA

Jan 042008

Durango SLT 4.0L V6

My heater in the back is blowing cold air. Dodge of course will not help me with this problem. Does anyone else have this problem? Could you help please?

- , Moab, UT, USA

Jan 052007

Durango STD 4.8L

The A/C has always sucked. Now the heater blows cold air in the rear. Had a tie rod break going at low speed on pavement. Brakes have gouged two separate indentations 1/4 inch on both front wheel spindles now they need replacing. Had ball joints replaced. Check Engine light has been on for 5 years and no matter what they do it comes back on the next day. I just can't believe I paid $41,000 for this lemon.

- , New Albany, IN, IN, USA