2003 Dodge Durango wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Durango:

2003 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

May 092014

Durango 8-cyl

Turning into a parking lot and the front passenger side tire fell off. $1260.

- North Branford, CT, USA

Jul 092013

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

2003 Dodge Durango. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle front left wheel came off while driving. When the vehicle was put on a flat bed and delivered to the repair shop, he was informed the axle had no way to lubricate the wheel assembly and so when it was dry, it severed itself from the front end.

- Massapequa Park, NY, USA

Sep 102013

Hit a severe bump in road which broke the steel cable that holds the spare tire under the car body. Cable was likely corroded. Tire discharged from under the vehicle, struck pavement, and bounced 15-20 feet into the air repeatedly nearly striking the vehicle following me. Luckily tire ended up in ditch before causing accident. Retaining clamp is lost. Suspect the potential for this situation exists with any Durango or Dakota of this vintage.

- Avon, IN, USA

Nov 072008

I noticed my tires were not wearing evenly and I felt and heard a "clunk" noise every time I back out of my parking spot at work. The dealership inspected and said that the upper and lower ball joints of the right and left wheels of my 2003 Dodge Durango must be replaced. I see there are recalls for all previous year Durangos but not the 2003"?" the dealership refused to pay for my replacement. I replaced the left side as they were actually broke, my right side still needs to be replaced and are loose and near failure. I request that Dodge reimburse me for the repair as well as replace for free the right side. I would also like two new tires as they now need to be replaced due to the uneven wear and tear.

- Kent, WA, USA

Dec 032004

When driving my 2003 Durango at times it feels like the front wheels are locking up and the truck begins shaking badly. I have had it in the dealership and they say they can't find anything wrong. I also have been hearing strange noise from the front right right tire well. Also, my glovebox started hanging down and when I asked the dealership to fix it they charged me and told me that the warranty would not cover it. We don't use the glove box, so the problem was not caused by misuse. At 20,000 miles the warranty should have covered the problem because it is obviously a defective part.

- Pittsburg, CA, USA

Oct 292004

Durango 6-cyl

The front tire on my Dodge Durango is messed up. It gets stuck sometimes when I'm trying to turn. The shop that I took it to said that the ball joint in the front tire is bad. They told me that they have heard of a lot of Durangos that were having the same problems. They also said that my tires are being worn down because of the turn of the wheel. I had to buy a whole new set of tires also. It was very expensive for all the things I had to have done. I saw a website about it so I decided to report mine. Something needs to be done before somebody gets killed. Please recall these vehicles so the world won't lose any of it's precious life. My kids lives are very important to me, and I don't want to lose them because of a faulty part in my car. Please consider the facts about taking huge risks by not getting all these Durangos fixed.

- Attalla, AL, USA