- May 6: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Journeys To Fix Power Steering Fluid Leaks recalls | 22 days ago
- April 22: Chrysler Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 36 days ago
- April 2: Chrysler Recalls Ram 1500, Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee recalls | 56 days ago
- March 9: Fiat Chrysler Orders 3 Recalls to Fix 3 Problems recalls | 80 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 88 days ago
Remote Keys Break Internally
2004 Dodge Durango (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have caught on fire.
Have we mentioned all the reports of complete engine failure due to oil sludge?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 49,914 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 32 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (14 reports)
- replace keys with working ones (7 reports)
- resolder connection in key to fix cold solder joint (7 reports)
- insert small piece of foam between bracket and chip housing (3 reports)
- replaced remote with remote starter (1 reports)
accessories - exterior problem