- February 3: Recall: Dodge Charger Owners Get Free Wheel Chocks recalls | 3 days ago
- December 3: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Darts To Fix Brake Problems recalls | 65 days ago
Remote Keys Break Internally
2004 Dodge Durango (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have caught on fire.
Have we mentioned all the reports of complete engine failure due to oil sludge?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 49,914 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 32 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (14 reports)
- replace keys with working ones (7 reports)
- resolder connection in key to fix cold solder joint (7 reports)
- insert small piece of foam between bracket and chip housing (3 reports)
- replaced remote with remote starter (1 reports)
accessories - exterior problem