- August 17: Woman Sues Over Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shift Design news | 8 days ago
- August 3: Anton Yelchin Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed by Parents news | 22 days ago
- July 7: Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Stratus Recalled to Fix Sun Visors recalls | 49 days ago
- July 2: Chrysler Recalls 37,000 Vehicles Over Transmission Pumps recalls | 54 days ago
- June 28: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifters Cause Nearly 700 Complaints news | 58 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have caught on fire.
Have we mentioned all the reports of complete engine failure due to oil sludge?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 109,533 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace engine (1 reports)