- February 8: Jeep Grand Cherokees Keep Rolling Away investigations | 2 days ago
- February 7: Chrysler Recalls Continental Airbags in SUVs and Minivans recalls | 3 days ago
- February 3: Recall: Dodge Charger Owners Get Free Wheel Chocks recalls | 7 days ago
- December 3: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Darts To Fix Brake Problems recalls | 69 days ago
2004 Dodge Durango
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have caught on fire.
Have we mentioned all the reports of complete engine failure due to oil sludge?
Worst 2004 Durango engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine failure131
- engine failure due to oil sludge26
- engine stalls without warning26
- engine shakes and dies when it rains/car wash11
- check engine light is on9
- engine noise6
- engine misfiring5
- engine surges2
- rusted broken exhaust manifold bolts2
- engine turns over but won't start with wire burning smell1
- engine won't shut off after ignition turned off1
- exhaust bolts broken1
- long crank times1
- moisture under oil filler cap1
- white smoke and unburnt oil out exhaust1
- NHTSA: Engine250
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling153
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine76
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control32
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.