- November 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Durangos recalls | 20 days ago
- November 18: Dodge Dart Recalled to Fix Windshield Wiper Problems recalls | 21 days ago
- November 16: Lawsuit: Dodge Ram Trucks Emit Illegal Emissions news | 23 days ago
- November 14: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Cherokees and Dodge Vipers recalls | 25 days ago
- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Vehicles With Alternators That May Cause Fires recalls | 51 days ago
Engine Shakes And Dies When It Rains/Car Wash
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have caught on fire.
Have we mentioned all the reports of complete engine failure due to oil sludge?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 127,513 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 12 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
- i am just going to seal the cowl with rtv (1 reports)
- reset computer (1 reports)