- July 7: Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Stratus Recalled to Fix Sun Visors recalls | 17 days ago
- July 2: Chrysler Recalls 37,000 Vehicles Over Transmission Pumps recalls | 22 days ago
- June 28: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifters Cause Nearly 700 Complaints news | 26 days ago
- June 26: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Lawsuit news | 28 days ago
- June 21: Jeep Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Anton Yelchin's Death news | 33 days ago
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Dodge dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 61,748 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 12 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- no solution yet (7 reports)
- not sure (4 reports)
- egr valve and oil pressure switch replaced (1 reports)