- March 5: The 12 Worst Cars According to Consumer Reports
- March 3: Chrysler Sued Over Alleged 'False Park' Death
- February 14: Investigation Closed Into Chrysler Stalling Engines
- February 11: Why You Should Beware of Car Dealer Ads
- January 14: Investigation Expanded Into Chrysler Sun Visor Fires
- December 17: Investigation Closed into Alleged Dodge Viper Rear Suspension Problems
- December 9: Chrysler Recalls Cars and Trucks With Transmission Problems
2005 Dodge Durango
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.
Worst 2005 Durango engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- stalling without warning86
- check engine light on11
- blown engine8
- engine makes a knocking sound6
- accelerating on its own-high idle4
- rpm revs at a stop4
- will not start3
- ticking noise2
- engine not wanting to run at full capacity1
- low power on hilly areas1
- over heating1
- spark plug broke off in head1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling133
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine62
- NHTSA: Engine30
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control20
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline8
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.