- September 20: Chrysler Agrees to Settle Dodge and Jeep TIPM Lawsuit
- September 15: Dodge Darts Recalled After Transmissions Magically Shift Into Neutral
- September 1: Fiat Chrysler Releases Buyback and Incentive Details
- August 30: American Car Owners Long For Horse and Buggy Days
- August 21: Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs Recalled Again
2005 Dodge Durango
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.
Worst 2005 Durango engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine stalls/cuts off while driving without warning93
- check engine light on12
- blown engine8
- engine makes a knocking sound6
- accelerating on its own-high idle4
- rpm revs at a stop4
- ticking noise3
- stalling, rough idle2
- engine not wanting to run at full capacity1
- low power on hilly areas1
- spark plug broke off in head1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling139
- NHTSA: Engine72
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine62
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control28
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline8
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.