Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The third generation Durango is plagued by a defective TIPM, particularily in the 2011 and 2012 model years.

TIPM, which stands for Totally Integrated Power Modules, is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when your TIPM goes haywire, bad things start happening. Things like your water pump can stop working, your engine can stall out and your airbags can randomly deploy.

2011 Dodge Durango accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Durango:

2011 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jul 152015

While driving, the car will abruptly speed up and slow down without any pressure or change in movement on the gas pedal. This has happened numerous times since about early 2012. I had a repair done on the car by the dealership as part of my warranty now these problems have made a reappearance. Along side sudden speed changes without me touching anything, I have had two previous incidents of the car (while driving!) turning on all error indicators (check engine light, high beam, hazard lights, tire pressure etc) and wiper blades simultaneously. These were very scary incidents, too scared to drive to the dealership I returned to my house (went to drop my son off to get a hair cut) and called the dealership in which my vehicle was towed the next day. I have also had problems with the fob technology in the keyless start of the car where I would put my purse in the back seat of the car, close the door and all doors lock and will not unlock, then I have to once again call the dealership and wait for them to assist me. One of the main reason I bought this car is because I was assured keys locked in the car would never happen, however I have had it happen to me more than all my other cars in the past. Now I have a small child with me and along side these recent reoccurrence of serious issues with my car and big recall by fca, no longer do I feel safe driving.

- Grayson, GA, USA

Sep 012014

Durango 8-cyl

My 2011 Dodge Durango started having starting problems in Sept. Of 2014 and the problem became worst over the next several weeks. On Oct. 22, 2014 the vehicle didn't start and had to be tow in for service. I the was told about the tipm problem and that no parts are available and no date for delivery. Every day I have talked to Chrysler and the dealership with no future of resolving issue.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 172011

First incident the electrical components on dashboard where going haywire like if the truck was possessed. Windshield wipers where on and would not turn off. Truck would not move out of park when I pulled over. After about 5 mins it moved out of park but could not drive over 45 mph because truck would not shift into second gear, and all electrical is still going haywire! then in August of 2014 truck started to have problems again starting, then finally about 2 weeks ago I was taking my kids to school, it was still having problems starting I finally got it to start and stay on and was driving down the road with my four children and the truck just lost all power in the engine and shut off. I had to roll over to the right to get out of traffic. This happened while I was driving! after that the truck would struggle to start still and about 30seconds later would just lose all power again. So I had to have it towed to dealership, and was told it was the relay to fuel pump. But I think it's the tipm that is bad.

- Tucson, AZ, USA