- October 13: Chrysler Recalls 470,000 Cars and SUVs to Fix Head Restraint Issues recalls | 64 days ago
- October 2: Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs Recalled for Second Time recalls | 75 days ago
- September 20: FCA Recalls Chrysler Pacifica Minivans To Fix Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 87 days ago
2012 Dodge Durango
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: When the 3rd-generation Durango was introduced in 2011 owners almost immediately started having a wide range of issues -- from water pump failure to stalling engines. Turns out the TIPM is to blame and those problems carried into the 2012 model year.
TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Modules) is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when the TIPM starts acting up, so do all sorts of problems in the vehicle.
The problems have been so bad -- and replacement parts became so hard to find -- that a class-action lawsuit was filed against Chrysler focusing on the 2011-2012 Durango. The lawsuit accuses the automaker of ignorning the problem until it spiraled out of control.
Worst 2012 Durango Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems62NHTSA complaints: 151
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 60
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 7
- cooling system problems6
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 43
- transmission problems6
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 10
- AC / heater problems4
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 62
- body / paint problems3
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.