- December 19: Urgent Recall Warning After Chrysler Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 41 days ago
- December 9: FCA Recalls Dodge Chargers and Dodge Durangos recalls | 51 days ago
- November 14: FCA Settles With California Over Alleged Emissions Violations news | 76 days ago
- November 3: Chrysler Reports 3 More Deaths From Exploding Airbags recalls | 87 days ago
- November 2: Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 Recalled recalls | 88 days ago
2012 Dodge Durango
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: When the 3rd-generation Durango was introduced in 2011 owners almost immediately started having a wide range of issues -- from water pump failure to stalling engines. Turns out the TIPM is to blame and those problems carried into the 2012 model year.
TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Modules) is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when the TIPM starts acting up, so do all sorts of problems in the vehicle.
The problems have been so bad -- and replacement parts became so hard to find -- that a class-action lawsuit was filed against Chrysler focusing on the 2011-2012 Durango. The lawsuit accuses the automaker of ignorning the problem until it spiraled out of control.