- August 23: Chrysler Recalls 16 Models With Faulty Powertrain Control Modules recalls | 54 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls Minivans and SUVs For Brake Problems recalls | 54 days ago
- August 1: No Nationwide Class-Action for Chrysler Hacking Lawsuit news | 76 days ago
- July 29: Mopar Stage 1 PCM Recall Includes Chrysler and Dodge Cars recalls | 79 days ago
2012 Dodge Durango
CarComplaints.com Notes: When the 3rd-generation Durango was introduced in 2011 owners almost immediately started having a wide range of issues -- from water pump failure to stalling engines. Turns out the TIPM is to blame and those problems carried into the 2012 model year.
TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Modules) is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when the TIPM starts acting up, so do all sorts of problems in the vehicle.
The problems have been so bad -- and replacement parts became so hard to find -- that a class-action lawsuit was filed against Chrysler focusing on the 2011-2012 Durango. The lawsuit accuses the automaker of ignorning the problem until it spiraled out of control.
2012 Dodge Durango Electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Won't Turnover, Won't Start25
- TIPM Faulty, Will Not Start, No Power14
- Alternator Failure7
- TIPM Faulty, Vehicle Stalls While Driving6
- TIPM Failure. Fuel Pump Continues To Run After Car Is Off5
- TIPM Faulty3
- Electrical Fire1
- Factory Trailer Wiring Harness Not Working Properly1
- Lift Gate Stops Halfway1
- Pcm Faulty1
- NHTSA: Electrical System221
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.