- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 7 days ago
- January 19: Chrysler Recalls 317,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 33 days ago
- January 16: Chrysler Says Hacking Lawsuit Should Be Tossed Out news | 36 days ago
- January 8: Chrysler Uconnect Lawsuit Continues For Kansas Customers news | 44 days ago
- January 3: Chrysler Recalls Vehicles With Kidde Fire Extinguishers recalls | 49 days ago
2012 Dodge Durango
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: When the 3rd-generation Durango was introduced in 2011 owners almost immediately started having a wide range of issues -- from water pump failure to stalling engines. Turns out the TIPM is to blame and those problems carried into the 2012 model year.
TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Modules) is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when the TIPM starts acting up, so do all sorts of problems in the vehicle.
The problems have been so bad -- and replacement parts became so hard to find -- that a class-action lawsuit was filed against Chrysler focusing on the 2011-2012 Durango. The lawsuit accuses the automaker of ignorning the problem until it spiraled out of control.
Worst 2012 Durango Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- "key fob not found" error2
- A/C chrome vent inserts keep falling out of the dash1
- bluetooth connection will not connect to iPhone1
- driver's seat module failed1
- radio losing presets1
- rattling in dash1
- remote start, push start , and ignition issues1
- seat loose1
- speed gauge not working causing lights to flicker1
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting3
- NHTSA: Equipment2
- NHTSA: Equipment Adaptive1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.