- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- May 23: Driveshafts Could Detach in Dodge Charger Pursuit Police Cars recalls | 3 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 4 days ago
- May 2: More Than 20 Chrysler Models Named in Takata Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- April 13: Chrysler and Dodge Lawsuit Claims Valve Stems Break news | 43 days ago
2012 Dodge Durango
Wheels / Hubs Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: When the 3rd-generation Durango was introduced in 2011 owners almost immediately started having a wide range of issues -- from water pump failure to stalling engines. Turns out the TIPM is to blame and those problems carried into the 2012 model year.
TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Modules) is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when the TIPM starts acting up, so do all sorts of problems in the vehicle.
The problems have been so bad -- and replacement parts became so hard to find -- that a class-action lawsuit was filed against Chrysler focusing on the 2011-2012 Durango. The lawsuit accuses the automaker of ignorning the problem until it spiraled out of control.
2012 Dodge Durango Wheels / Hubs Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.