2. used lucus oil additive and the knock is gone, for now (1 reports)
1997 Dodge Intrepid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Intrepid:

1997 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Jan 112012

Intrepid LS 3.3L V6

Got the car a year ago from my "GRANDMA" who only drove it to the grocery store and back. Car had 38,000 miles on it and my grandma always had it serviced and the oil changed way before it needed to be. I got it and was so happy cause it would probably be as close to a new car that I would ever have. First the water pump went out and really no biggie and fix it myself. Now I hear a knocking sound and I know exactly what it is. The engine in that car is the nosiest I ever heard. It makes at least 6 different sounds that shouldn't be there. The cat converter rattled, valve tapping, popping sound, and various other noises.

- , Diamond Springs, CA, USA

Nov 132007

Intrepid 2.7L V6

After receiving this car from my brother in law (who was particular about the maintenance) The car lasted for two more oil changes. On the third, the car developed the rod knock after just a few miles. This car was never driven hard, and had mostly highway miles on it. It is still a nice car, but with a worthless engine.

- , Whiteford, MD, USA