1998 Dodge Intrepid transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Intrepid:

1998 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Jan 072004

Intrepid 6-cyl

Repairs were done to the engine on 3 occasions, rotors 2 occasions, brakes 1 occasion, control arms (suspension) 1 occasion, steering 1 occasion, & electrical. Although I only have 54,000 miles on my car and the engine has been replaced, the dealership refuses to fix the ongoing engine problems. The dealership manager, rod harris, admits it a lifter ticking but insists that it is normal. Chrysler gave me an "added care service contract" that is good through 6/26/04 and to 75,000 miles. Plan code is ad675H. They refuse to fix my car. This is the second time, after the first three attempts to fix it, I have been to the dealership. I filed a complaint with Chrysler on 1/12/04. Also note they still have my vehicle today 1/12/04 because the transmission failed. It's been in service for 5 days. Transmission failed while I was driving on 1/7/04. I am concerned with the safety of the vehicle and the engine failing now with my 10 month old daughter.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA